- + Follow
I believe..'the more the constraints the more interesting the design gets'.
Arjun Jayendran Portfolio
To describe my resume in a short, I have 6.6 yrs of work experience (3 yrs of work experience in production field and 3.6yrs of work experience in ID field) at automobile, earth moving equipment and material handling equipment industries (India & UAE 2yrs). With desire for design and passion for cars I started my career as a technician in an automobile workshop and gradually promoted myself to a post where I could save enough money to do my ambitious masters degree in Product Design at Coventry University. Due to my performance and success in my academic projects I was immediately offered a job as a Product Designer in a Material Handling Equipment Company, there being the only ID I was able to explore wider regions of expertise, and establish new design processes, explore various manufacturing processes and accomplished several successful projects within 2 yrs. Am also a part time Product Design lecturer at Singapore based design school.
My expectation about a new job is to assist well experienced designers or work with a team of industrial designers, enjoy brainstorming and internal competitions and set benchmark to improve my work quality.
I started my career in a production and manufacturing field, and now being an Industrial Designer I am able to for see a manufacturing constraint and its solution even be for I sketch a concept.
- Design process planning
- Ethnography Study
- Systematic innovation through TRIZ
- Product Conceptualization and Presentation
- Application of right materials & manufacturing processes
- Design for manufacturing/assembly
- Physical Model making
DESIGN SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Sketch Book Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Corel Draw
- Adobe Showcase rendering tool
- Pro E
- Automobile Engines
- Automobile Power terrains
- MPFI Engine – Fuels System
IDEATION SOFTWARE SKILLS:
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Automotives, Toys & Product Styling
- Design for Product Innovation and Sustainability
- Design for User-Product Interaction
- Design Solution for Rural based Problems
- Design Researches
- Futuristic Conceptualization, Character Generation
- Web/Game Design
PROJECTS (with Duration):
- Design of a Rally car skin for a Dubai motor sport.(in progress)
- Design a caravan for the movie stars of the decade.(in progress)
- Aspen Design’s Water Conservation/Transportation project. (3 mths)
- Design of Electrical Bicycle for Indian Postman. (3 mths)
- Design of Quadracycle for Visitors of Botanical Garden. (6 mths)
- Design of Branding, Decaling & Packaging of an Automatic Battery Charger. (3mths)
- Design of Branding and Decaling for all Material Handling Equipments. (1day/eqpt.)
- Design of Fresh Skin For Electric Buggy. (3 mths on new design, 9 mths on DFMA)
- Design of Customized Electric Buggy for parade and celebrity ferry services. (3 mths)
- Design Proposal for Next Generation Electric Tugger. (1 wk)
- Design Proposal for Next Generation Electric Buggy. (1 wk)
- Design Proposal for Next Generation Electric Golf Bike. (1 wk)
- Design proposal for Electricity Generating Recumbent Exercise Bike. (1 wk)
- An exhibition on MPFI Engine Fuel System Process and Functionality. (3 mths)
PERSONAL PROFILE :-
DOB : 29th March 1984
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married
Permanent Address : Puducherry - 605008. India.
Present Address : Bangalore – 560095. India.
Additional : 2 wheeler & 4 wheeler driving license (Indian)
Languages known : English, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, basic French & Arabic
Hobbies : Sketching, painting, clay modeling, passionate about cars
playing or making remote controlled cars/plane/boats,
homemade trikes/quadracycles, scale model, match box model
car collection and listening to music.
Ambition : To be a successful designer, known for outstanding innovations.
LINKEDIN LINK :
Coventry University - MSRSAS