- + Follow
Graphic Design, as I understand it, is coming up with creative ways of communicating information to other people, using different tools and mediums, from the chisel and stone, to the moveable type, to today's Macintosh computer and the little screen on your Motorola.
I love field because of the endless creative possibilities and challenges it presents. I also enjoy putting forth the mental and physical energy required to produce a successful design piece.
Arzell Harden IV
2709 Meharry Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37208
DESIGN SAMPLES AVAILABLE AT (www.coroflot.com/arzell/)
• International Academy of Design and Technology – Chicago: BFA in Visual Communications
• Cumulative GPA: 3.5/4.0
• helped admissions counselors explain to prospective students details of the Visual Communications program
• solved various hardware and software issues for teachers and students
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) for Windows and Mac OS X
• Able to tailor designs to the likes of a specific demographic
• Knowledgeable of various print production methods (color-correction, CMYK and PANTONE separations)
Graphic Designer Custom Kings LLC Chicago, IL Oct. 2006 – Dec. 2006; June, July 2007
• conceptualized and designed artwork for a 100-piece bandana order for a YMCA event
• assembled graphics for silk-screening for a Nike-sponsored high school basketball tournament,
resulting in a $5000 profit
• performed color corrections to the 2007 NBA All-Star logo for output onto various types of apparel
• oversaw entire production of a $600 silkscreen job, from order processing to invoice calculation
• held meetings with new and existing clients to discuss design needs, turnaround time, and pricing
• designed program covers for 8th grade elementary school graduation (400-piece print run)
• designed logos, fliers, and other print material for startup businesses and music performers
• created artistic pieces for co-workers for various special occasions
Data Entry Operator CIGNA Government Services, LLC Nashville, TN Nov. 2007—Oct. 2008
• processed an average of 350 health insurance claims, correspondence, and provider appeals daily
• collaborated with management and co-workers to develop a system to increase production by 5% to maintain competitiveness among other Medicare contractors.
• keyed in hundreds of lines of unreadable characters per hour for electronically imaged claim forms.
Sales Associate Bed, Bath, & Beyond Madison, TN June, 2008—Present
• answered and directed multiple phone calls while attending to customer purchases,
returns, and exchanges
• worked with store managers to devise methods to fit large shipments into minimal sales floor spaces
• gained knowledge about products in each department to become a better help to customers
• raised customer interest in seasonal promotions and specials to increase sales.
• 18th Century typography, 1980s Print Advertisements, Sonic the Hedgehog videogames, hip-hop culture and White Sox baseball
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
International Academy of Design and Technology-Chicago