- + Follow
Fashion Design, Pattern making, Fashion Illustration at Free...
Designer with strengths in apparel design including structured outerwear, luxury sportswear, separates, accessories, tailoring, embroidery, and hand embellishment. Able to problem solve, adapt, and evolve aesthetics quickly. Work diligently towards all responsibilities to enhance productivity and time efficiency while asking new questions through innovative techniques.
Within the next year, I hope to gain experience throughout the industry under fashion and apparel companies. I would love to work with a team of individuals who hold high standards in craftsmanship and work with technological and innovative fabrics in order to produce a high quality product. Fashion forward brands, as well as athletic companies, are both in my interests.
A short term goal of mine is obtain my Master's degree from Central Saint Martins in London.
When Forever Comes Crashing
2609 W Division St Chicago, IL
My name is Aris Sergakis. I am a recent graduate of The Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago, IL, USA, and I am seeking a design position with your company. My interests in apparel design include structured outerwear, luxury sportswear, separates, accessories, tailoring, embroidery, and hand embellishment. I am a problem solving individual who adapts and can evolve aesthetics quickly. With the association in mind, I work hard towards all responsibilities to enhance productivity and time efficiency while asking new questions through innovative techniques.
The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago Chicago, IL March 2009-September 2012
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design
3.9 GPA Dean’s Honor Roll List
Fashion Illustration Chicago, IL January 2012-Present
• Product and apparel rendering for corporate and independent clients
Pattern Maker Chicago, IL June 2012-Present
• Production ready flat pattern making and grading for women's apparel businesses and brands in Chicago, IL.
Zoya Moda Bridal Freelance Intern Chicago, IL January 2013-Present
• Pattern making/Draping/Sewing
• Assist in personal client fittings for evening wear and bridal gowns
Horacio Nieto Intern Chicago, IL April 2012-Present
• Assist Designer in daily line production
• Pattern making
• Trend research
• Client fittings
Eastern Accents Intern Chicago, IL February 2011-December 2011
• Assisted head designers in daily production of luxury home interiors
• Created resin stamps to fulfill custom block printing orders
• Cut fabric for pillows, duvets, and any sample projects
• Evaluated fabric and color story groupings for new collections
• Organized fabric sample library
AggaB Intern Chicago, IL December 2009-March 2010
• Garment construction and patternmaking for Spring 2010 AggaB collection
• Assisted in styling for clients, photo shoots, and runway
• Conducted trend research for head designer
Hobart Gyros Hobart, IN August 2004-April 2009
• Managed the operation of restaurant by overseeing daily activities,
directing meal preparation, designed weekly operation schedules, and engaged with customers
• Stock/Inventory responsibilities for perishable and non-perishable food items, and paper goods
Unearthed Fashion Show Co-Producer Chicago, IL December 2010
• Ran an independent fashion show that featured 14 new designers.
• Responsibilities included: designing garments, casting models, selecting designers, securing
venue, advertising and promotion, fashion styling and overall management.
Chicago Fashion Week
Participant in Dress Code 2012 Student Showcase
Industry: Trend forecasting, styling, sewing/garment construction, pattern making, draping, tailoring, hand embellishment,
Technical: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Gerber Accumark, Web PDM,
Kaledo Print, Knit, Weave, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint