- + Follow
A current grad student at the Georgia Institute of Technology's Masters of Architecture program and alumni of North Carolina State University's College of Design undergraduate program in architecture. Currently in search of architectural internship. I enjoy using the digital medium for 3D model making.
Langa Cultural Community Center
800 West Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Online Portfolio: http://www.coroflot.com/awright
Responsible and ascertaining designer with the ability to learn and utilize resources in the architectural and CAD fields. Seeking assistantship, internship or entry level position in an architecture firm to advance skills in architectural design.
Bachelors of Environmental Design in Architecture-Graduated May 2010
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. August 2006 - May 2010
Masters of Architecture- Expected Graduation May 2013
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA August 2011 - Present
Proven to be trustworthy as well as responsible in obtaining goals and meeting deadlines. Able to articulate effectively when presenting ideas or opinions. Capable of holding a leadership role but also allowing teamwork to penetrate the decision making process. Logical problem solver as well as proficient and/or mastery in:
* AutoCad *Photoshop * Indesign * Illustrator * 3D Studio Max * Revit Architecture * Google Sketchup * Rhino * Grasshopper
Canstruction (September 2012-Present) - Canstruction is a non-profit organization that holds annual competitions where teams design and build structures out of food cans. After the competitions the structures are put up for public display and are later dismantled and sent to local food banks. As an in-house designer I design can structures as well as instructions for how the structures are to be built. This way Canstruction can provide ideas to groups who are interested in participating in any Canstruction events.
The Lucky PennyThreshold Cardboard House Project (May 2012-Augst 2012) - The Lucky Penny is a dance company whose goal is the support and promotion of contemporary art. Under the supervision of Mack Scogin Merril Elam Architects, Georgia Tech students were challenged to build a dance stage of an abstract two-story house out of cardboard. My tasks:
- Contribute to group design concepts and ideas
- Help create scaled models of the theater and dance stage
- Create a 3D model of the proposed design to visualize sight lines and overall look of the set.
- Help with the physical construction of the stage
3D Modeler for Civil Engineering and Transportation Study (Summer 2012)- Students in Georgia Tech’s Civil Engineering and Transportation department were creating a highway simulation that studies the visibility highway exits in construction zones. Job tasks:
- Creating construction zone barriers such as concrete and plastic barriers, pylons, and drums across along a long stretch of a 3d-modeled highway.
Rural Initiative Project Inc (June 2010-July 2011).- A non-profit organization whose mission is to preserve and restore historic buildings throughout the Southeast United States. Job tasks and buildings worked on:
- Administrative Lead: Assumed administrative duties in absence of CEO
- Project Lead: Coordinated meetings and created site drawings for three ongoing community-based projects
- Waughtown St. Business Restoration: Project lead, created plans, perspectives and other drawings.
- Rosenwald Schools: These are one-teacher to six-teacher schools built in the 1920’s for poor African-American communities. RIPI has dedicated its cause to preserving these schools. My tasks: Project coordinator, took pictures and measurements of buildings, recorded site conditions, prepared window schedules for building restoration documents, created as-build drawings of windows, drew building elevations, recorded changes of buildings over course of restoration, and prepared documentation for funding of restoration of school prepared slide show presentation for the National Trust.
Activities & Honors:
American Institute of Architecture Students Fall 2012 - Present
Black Graduate Student Association Fall 2011 – Present
University Scholars Program Fall 2006 – Winter 2007
National Collegiate Scholar February 2007 – Present
Volunteered with the annual NC State Heritage Day
-worked with children grades 1-5 on various arts and crafts projects October 2008
African American Design Student Association-member September 2006 – Present
Habitat for Humanity September 2009 –January 2010
Georgia Institute of Technology - Graduating May 2013
North Carolina State University - Graduated May 2010