- + Follow
Rohnert Park, CA
Rohnert Park, CA
burton snowboard bindings
Managed development of several high-end technical products. Infused brand DNA into design of new products and elevated brand image for multi-million dollar companies. Conceptualized, prototyped, and directed overseas manufacturing efforts. Directed successful graphic design projects. Keen understanding and efficient use of design software including Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, Adobe CS5. Advanced sketching, rendering, and prototype ability.
Equipment Designer, Marmot Mountain, LLC. (high-end outdoor products and apparel), Santa Rosa, CA, 2/12 - PRESENT
Driving advanced designs for Marmot hardgoods and working with extremely talented developers and managers.
Senior Designer, NEMO Equipment, Inc. (award-winning outdoor products), Nashua, NH, 5/09 – 10/11
Designed product lines for high-end outdoor company by conceptualizing efficiently, directing unique prototyping, organizing development, sourcing reliable components, leading graphic design projects, and working with urgency at the onset of projects to consistently achieve deadlines.
• Drove development of new high-end backpack line from conception
• Conceptualized and verified several industry-first technologies with working prototypes
• Built relationships with key international vendors and entrusted to travel overseas to enhance manufacturing processes and capabilities allowing for greater design creativity and efficiency
• Saved months of turn-around time by modeling, 3D printing, and in-house prototyping
• Designed and managed production for two vehicle wraps featured in Overland Journal, Autoweek, and 14 events in Summer 2011
• Directed design and printing of NEMO apparel including specific designs for elite US troops
• Produced logos, hang tags, and feature labels for various award-winning products increasing
sales and brand awareness
• Communicated clear technical drawings and revisions to manufacturers, dramatically decreasing the number of mistakes per prototype and increasing productivity
• Detailed effective step-by-step processes for new manufacturing techniques increasing the end quality and aesthetic of products
• Managed 3D printer, plotter/cutter, and the inventory of prototyping materials to maintain consistent reliability and to dramatically increase turn-around speed
Freelance Industrial Designer, Multiple Clients (startups to major international clients), 8/08 – PRESENT
Built relationships of trust, transparency, and flexibility to accommodate specific needs on a contract basis. Produced timely and clever solutions for clients such as Nidecker Snowboards, CWB Wakeboards, Freewheel Cycles, and various electronics companies.
• Communicated efficiently throughout the design process to determine needs, timelines, and deliverables; working from the big picture to small details
• Researched and gauged market needs to help clients reach the optimum solution
Industrial Designer, Modaliti (outdoor product design firm), Salt Lake City, UT, 9/08 – 5/09
Created intriguing product and graphic design solutions for a wide breadth of projects and drove the design cycle from initial brainstorm to detailed concept models.
• Researched, originated concepts, and created clear technical drawings to manufacture trend- setting products for Black Diamond, Ahnu, Waterbox, Easton Sports, and Surefoot
Teacher Assistant, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 12/08 – 4/09
Mentored Industrial Design students to effectively use and troubleshoot in Autodesk Alias and related programs to accomplish their design goals
• Helped students efficiently and patiently solve problems such as exporting models for 3D prototyping, mastering advanced rendering techniques, and modeling surface details
Industrial Designer, Connelly Skis / CWB Board Co. (high profile water sports products), Lynnwood, WA, 5/08 – 11/08
As the first CWB Industrial Designer, actively contributed in ground-breaking collaboration between engineers, researchers, and athletes for inspiring wakeboard boots including the award-winning 2010 CWB AA boot.
• Professionally developed and prototyped fresh wakeboard boot designs, increasing functional ability and unifying aesthetics consistent with brand DNA
Principal Body Man, Woody’s Body and Paint (auto body and repair), Provo, UT, 9/07 – 4/08
Implemented major body repair, often using heavy machinery, and consistently achieved timeline goals to prepare vehicles for paint.
• Utilized unique problem solving, including metallurgy, bondo, fiberglass resin, and automotive detailing to restore vehicles to original state
BFA Industrial Design – April 2009 Brigham Young University
// SKILLS + ACHIEVEMENTS
Drawing: Quick sketching and rendering in both analog and digital mediums
Computer: Alias, Rhino, Solidworks, and Adobe Creative Suite; Fast learner
Modeling/Prototyping: Foam, plastics, metals, sewing, milling, 3D printing, plotter / cutter, surface finishing, paint Strengths: Highly reliable, loyal, self-starter; efficient and effective goal-oriented team player; enthusiastic to tackle challenges, impactful
Volunteer Work: 9/03 – 9/05, Portugal and Azores Islands, Led 24 volunteers in community service efforts Languages: Portuguese, fluent oral and written
Industrial Design Scholarship for Outstanding Portfolio
SCUBA Certified (open water): 06/11
Brigham Young University