- + Follow
Design Director Originals Adidas America Inc.
Experienced designer with detailed knowledge of the US and European markets. Team leader with a deep understanding of product innovation, design direction and consumer insight. Strong aesthetic skills plus a practical understanding of all manufacturing. Recognized for consistently bringing projects to successful completion on time or ahead of schedule.
H3lium ZXZ runner
Design Director Adidas Originals
Adidas Group 2009 – Current
• Set creative direction across footwear, apparel, graphics and equipment.
• Create and lead the seasonal stories including product design, color, graphics, and materials.
• Apply insights from a consumer perspective into all product design and strategic creations.
• Finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements.
Adidas Originals, Portland, OR 2009 – Current
Category Footwear Designer February 2010
Category lead for all footwear Design, Product Innovation, Design Direction and Line Planning for Adidas Originals footwear for north America.
Senior Footwear Designer
Footwear Design, Product Innovation, Design Direction and Line Planning for the north America Originals footwear design department.
-One of two Designers selected to create the Mega collection.
- Selected as Lead Designer to create all the footwear for the Burton collaboration.
- Create and Inspire design direction across all of the Originals footwear collections.
Nike Inc., Beaverton, OR 2005-2009
Senior Footwear Designer
Product Design, Product Innovation, Design Direction and Line Planning for special projects and SMU for Europe and Global Womens Training. Managed and mentored a design team.
-Increased sales in Womens Training category by 12% through implementation of new creative direction and redefined line segmentation.
- Selected as Lead Designer to implement 3D design process that increased productivity, reduced sampling and developed software for the footwear industry..
-Appointed as member of a creative team to create Umbroâ€™s lifestyle portfolio.
-Designed Airmax Tuned 8, Nikeâ€™s best-selling shoe in Europe for fourth quarter 2007.
Reebok Inc. Boston, MA 1998 - 2004
Product Design, Product Innovation, Design Direction for Running, Outdoor, Womens Training, RBK / Lifestyle / Collaboration and The Stealth group.
-Created and developed product for celebrities in the music industry, which resulted in a major print and television ad campaign increasing sales by 18%.
-Chosen as Designer to create a range of lifestyle footwear in collaboration with Paul Smith.
-Designed and developed the Mach One running shoe which sold more than one million pairs.
Microzine, Liverpool, UK 2002-2004
Microzine is a mens store offering limited product across fashion and sportswear and also a design consultancy. I worked directly for the managing director Chris Lee and an apparel counterpart to create collections for high end sportswear.
Ralph Lauren Footwear Co, New York city, NY 1998 - 1999
Freelance footwear Designer for the Running and Outdoor lines. Designed a mountain bike shoe used by Ralph Lauren sponsored athletes during the World Cup 2000.