- + Follow
Working with GM India Design Studio as a senior digital designer (CAS/Concept Modelling) and as a trainer for Alias and design sensitivity.
290 First Floor, Tagore Park Extn., Delhi 110009 -- +91 9999846888
Skill set: Sketching, Photoshop, Alias Studio Tools (A-Class surfacing), Rhino 3D
Human Factors in Product Design, project management, design research
Conceptualization, design evaluation and Model Making
General Motors India Pvt. Ltd. June'10 to present
Creative Digital - Design. CAS, concept modelling, trainer for Design Sensitivity and Alias, Class A surfacing, graphic requirements for the studio
DB Design - April'09 to June'10
Worked as freelance designer undera self-established brand name "DB Design"
Minda Industries Ltd. Nov’08 to April'09
Deputy Manager – R&D – Responsible for Industrial Design, Concept modeling and new product development
General Motors India Pvt. Ltd. Aug'07 to Aug’08
Creative Digital - Design
Worked for various brands of GM, developing trims, IP and seats (A-Class Surfacing). Recently working with the Advanced Design Team for Concept Modeling and providing valuable inputs to resolve surfaces.
Freelancing: Couple of projects in Graphic Design and logo Design for a to be launched US based IT firm (Ginger Technologies)
Tutor: For two years have been taking classes for automotive and product sketching and rendering techniques with different media in Bangalore for students pursuing masters in Design.
• Masters in Product Design (M.Des)
Center for Product Design and Manufacturing, Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Year:2005-07, Grade: 6.67/8.0
• B.Tech (Elec.) Kurukshetra University 1999-2003
Filler: 2003-2005 Worked as IT Engineer with CMS Computers and Hewlett Packard.
• Tata Motors Ltd. June-July 2006: Comprehensive study of benchmark cars (both hatchbacks and sedans)
• Delhi Metro Rail Corp. June-July 2002
• Design of a lightweight steel spaceframe for a campus EV to accommodate 6 to 8 adults. Ergonomics, Crash analysis, NVH and powertrain were taken care off.
• Design of a See-Trough A-Pillar for Dodge Neon.
• Cognitive features in Automotive Styling. Developed a set of guidelines to bring various pleasant emotions on the face of the car by study of human faces, emotions and automotive design.
• Other projects: an ergonomic backpack, retro design for a taperecorder, all board dust free duster and dialysis chair (mechanism).
• Individual to win maximum number of prizes at All India Confluence by Kurukshetra University.
• Headed Decoration Comittee for all national level fests during graduation.
• Represented Delhi in Mahatma Hansraj National Football Tournament (1999) after winning