- + Follow
I love to draw and create something from nothing - Currently I design custom blow molded and injection molded packaging solutions for many different companies and brands. I mostly implement 3D & 2D CAD software to visualize and communicate my ideas, but everything starts as a sketch with pen on paper. Previously, I gained 2 years of experience as a SolidWorks Instructor, conducting SolidWorks training to Engineers and Industrial Designers from varied industries and companies. I have a BFA with a major in Industrial Design from UIC and graduated in 2006.
Kupa Thermal Mug
The Chunka Munka Cookie Jar
7 + yrs of 3D CAD Strong Surface and Solid Modeling software experience using SolidWorks
Strong Sketching Background
Digital Sketching: Sketchbook Pro / Wacom
Knowledge of DFM requirements for:
Knowledge of 3D Printing & Prototyping - Material & Processes: FDM, Polyjet, SLA, SLS, etc.
Knowledge of DFM in materials & methods
Design Research & Development
Industrial Designer at TricorBraun Design & Engineering - Oak Brook, IL
Website - http://design.tricorbraun.com/
- Collaborated on research and insights with internal teams and clients to develop innovative products
- Designed custom blow molded plastic bottle and injection molded closures solutions for a wide variety of clients.
- Sketch initial concepts if necessary and build rough 3D models for initial design development.
- Developed & Refined 3D surface and structural geometry for client chosen concepts using SolidWorks 3D CAD surface and solid modeling.
- Focus on design intent and apply knowledge of materials and DFM during front end development
- Leverage SolidWorks expertise to evaluate & refine 3D CAD models for prototyping, validation, and production.
- Provided initial concepts & realistic 3D renderings for presentation and review throughout the process and for final design geometry.
- Validate material choices for prototypes as well as production samples.
- Worked closely with manufacturing plants to make sure products met expected timelines and were built to proper specifications.
- Functioned as a team lead & mentor to new additions to the industrial design team.
- Handled multiple high priority projects under tight deadlines.
- Lead design meetings with key customers and responsible for in house customer presentations - resulting in new sales and continued business
- Supported all levels of our Design and Engineering Teams with SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Several Patent Applications currently under review.
- Toured multiple manufacturing facilities to learn about blow molding, injection molding, thermoforming and glass blow molding processes
- Trained by design and engineering staff to learn about custom rigid packaging design as well as blow molding processes.
Previous Employment :
SolidWorks Instructor at Graphics Systems Corp - Oakbrook, IL
Website - http://gxsc.com
- Taught SolidWorks to designers and engineers, helping them learn how to use SolidWorks to design products easier and faster, resulting in faster times to market, and efficient use of resources.
- Delivered product presentations to prospects both at the end user level and senior management level.
- Provided comprehensive Technical Support for SolidWorks products, including demos, product positioning, and competitive overviews.
- Served as a primary technical liaison for Illinois customer base.
Summer Internship :
Product Design Engineer @ Parramatta Group - Plainfield, IL
- Mostly drafting and manufacturing related.
- Provided technical drawings for massive sheet metal assemblies used for material handling, including coal and other industrial materials, for coal burning industry.
- Assemblies consisted of large transfer chutes and conveyor belt systems for the transport of material.
BFA in Industrial Design from University of Illinois at Chicago ~ 2006
IDSA student member
Presidents Award Scholarship
Senior Year : Interdisciplinary Product Development Course / Sponsored Project
Portfolio, and references available upon request
Senior Year : IPD Course / Corporate Sponsored Project: - This was a 1 year curriculum that integrated the best practices for innovative product development. - They combined ID, ME, and MBA students to work in cross-functional teams. - The assignment was to create and develop a new business opportunity within Copco's vision of a specific category. - Copco served as the team's "client" and provided along with the IPD faculty, challenging assignments that resulted in research, concept creation and development of innovative products. - We conducted "VOC" and observational research to identify new opportunities for new products - We generated countless ideas, and followed up by screening and selecting the best concepts - We conducted Focus Group Research and various individual surveys - After selecting the final product, we presented the product to Copco with outlined features and possibilities - We developed foam models and 3D software models - Finished and Presented a working prototype