- + Follow
I love to draw and create something from nothing - Currently I design custom 'rigid' packaging solutions for an ever growing list of companies and brands. I mostly implement 3D & 2D CAD software to visualize and communicate my ideas, but everything starts as a sketch with pen on paper. Previously, I racked up 2 years of experience as a SolidWorks Instructor, conducting SolidWorks training to Mech. Engineers and Industrial Designers from varied industries and companies. I have a BFA with a major in Industrial Design from Univ. of Illinois at Chicago from 2006.
Kupa Thermal Mug
The Chunka Munka Cookie Jar
MARCO F. SERRANO
MY SKILL SET :
Strong 2D and 3D Sketching
7 + yrs of 3D CAD experience using SolidWorks
3D - Surface and Solid Modeling aka 'Hybrid Modeling'
3D CAD Software
Knowledge of Injection and Blow Molding processes
Manufacturing Knowledge in various materials
FACE TO FACE RELATIONS / WEB / PHONE CONFERENCE
I dont shy away from articulating and communicating in front of the client.
'Reading' the client's wants and responding with real needs and solutions to those needs.
Industrial Designer at TricorBraun Design & Engineering - Oak Brook, IL
Website - http://design.tricorbraun.com/
Packaging Design, Photo Rendering, Prototypes, Presentation, Design Validation, R & D, Strong Surface & Solid 3D CAD modeling.
Previous Employment :
SolidWorks Instructor at Graphics Systems Corp - Oakbrook, IL
Website - http://gxsc.com
Taught SolidWorks to designers and engineers, and helped them learn how to use SolidWorks to design products easier and faster, resulting in faster times to market, and efficient use of resources.
- delivered product presentations to prospects both at the end user level and senior management level.
- provided comprehensive Technical Support for SolidWorks products, including demos, product positioning, and competitive overviews.
- served as a primary technical liaison for Illinois.
Summer Internship :
Product Design Engineer @ Parramatta Group - Plainfield, IL
Mostly drafting and manufacturing related.
- provided technical drawings for huge sheet metal assemblies used for material handling, including coal and other industrial materials, for coal burning industry.
- Assemblies consisted of large transfer chutes and conveyor belt systems for the transport of material.
BFA in Industrial Design from University of Illinois at Chicago ~ 2006
IDSA student member
Presidents Award Scholarship
Senior Year : Interdisciplinary Product Development Course / Sponsored Project
This was a 1 year curriculum that integrated the best practices for innovative product development.
- They combined ID, Mech. Engineering, and MBA students to work in cross-functional teams.
- The assignment was to create and develop a new business opportunity within Copco's vision of a specific category.
- Copco served as the team's "client" and provided along with the IPD faculty, a challenging assignment that resulted in research, concept creation and development of innovative product ideas.
- We conducted "Voice of the Customer" and observational/contextual research to identify new opportunities for new products
- We generated countless ideas, and followed up by screening and selecting the best concepts
- We conducted Focus Group Research and various surveys
- After selecting the final product, we presented the product to Copco with outlined features and possibilities
- We developed foam models and 3D software models
- Finished and Presented a working prototype
Portfolio, and references available upon request
University of Illinois at Chicago