- + Follow
Ponca City, OK
My name is Bobby Piper. I am currently working as a Design Engineer in Ponca City, OK. I am a graduate of the Art Institute of Colorado and have a B.A. in Industrial Design. I have strong sketching and conceptualization skills as well as graphic design skills that would add to the ideation process. I have experience designing and creating models from working drawings as well as concept sketches and human factor study models from working as a in the field with multiple companies.
Ponca City, OK
c - 816-810-8650
e - firstname.lastname@example.org
A little bit about me:
My name is Bobby and I love the outdoors. My favorite activity is bouldering/free climbing. Other activities I enjoy are slacklining, trail running in my vibrams, hiking/backpacking, working on my ’71 Café Racer motorcycle, fishing, camping with friends and just enjoying God’s beautiful creation! Simply put…I have a passion for anything outdoors.
- Hardworking, honest, on-time, fast learner with excellent customer service and relations
- Professional experiences in full-time lead and team design workload as well as handling/organizing multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated achiever with exceptional knowledge of design and engineering including:
- Proven experience in conceptualization fresh, new designs
- Enthusiastic and experienced in product design and outdoor equipment
- Over 7 years of experience in fabrication and materials knowledge
Industrial Design, BA- The Art Institute of Colorado. Denver, Colorado 12/2008
Cookshack LLC.-Design Engineer – 8/11-current
- Design and engineered a new line of pellet grill/BBQ smokers for residential use including the release of the current grill being produced (http://www.cookshack.com/store/Grills)
- 2nd in command on research and development team from concept to final product currently being produced.
Alpha Omega Inc.- Lead Designer -Feb 10- Mar11
- Created over 20 graphic solutions for 5, 6 month long church campaigns, debt
reduction, building campaigns and more.
- www.churchcampaigns.org (website design and graphic solutions)
Alpha Omega Engineering- Design/Engineering
- Designed and fabricated packaging and graphics for Mossy Oak Brand Trophy
Nutrition & WOW! Nanotech, working with CEO, chemist and field-test unit.
Kindal King Group- Designer and fabricator –Jan 2009-10 Contract
- Chosen directly by lead designer to recreate the Paseo Bridge replica sign in
Kansas City, MO
- Commissioned to complete graphic designs for local and national brands
Fabray Architectural Lighting Design- Lighting Renderings –Aug 2009
- Lighting design concept renderings for the city of Vail, Colorado while working
directly with CEO and owner of Fabray ALD
- Chosen by lead designer to do Children’s Hospital redesign concept lighting
Maximum Impact- Designer and Visual Merchandiser –Jan 2009 Contract
- Engineered and designed POP shelving unit for Jose Cuervo.
Sharktank LLC. – Designer and Fabricator –Jan 2009 Contract
- Integrated custom designs with function by producing designs.
LaFond FX, Fabricator –Summer-Fall 2008 Internship
- First-hand experience working with the owner and operator of LFX on both
private orders as well as large orders for specific retailers.
- Played key role in preparing and creating detailed characters for various orders
Exceptional Knowledge of Design/Engineering Specific Computer Programs
- Illustrator CS3- Exceptional knowledge of using Illustrator for
portfolios, renderings, graphic layouts, general and abstract designs, as
well as redesigns and moving from concept sketches to final renderings.
- Photoshop CS3- Exceptional knowledge of using Photoshop for
photography editing including, merging and manipulating colors, styling,
and much more.
- InDesign CS3- Exceptional knowledge of using InDesign to create
multiple page layouts for portfolios, process books, PDF slideshows and
AutoDesk AutoCAD, Inventor, Publisher and 3DMax- Professional skills used to create multiple
drawings and 3D models used directly in fabrication and manufacturing
Solidworks- Over 3 years active experience.
Alias Sketchbook Pro- Exceptional knowledge of rendering materials, 3D
concepts and all other products.
Awards, Honors, and Memberships
2006-2008- Active member of the IDSA (Industrial Design Society of America)
2008 EDMC Education Foundation Scholarship recipient
2008 Design Within Reach Show:
-Top design Award in the Lighting Design Field
The Art Institute of Colorado