- + Follow
Strategic Design Director / Exhibit Design
"Powering Imagination!" is my motto. As an award-winning exhibit designer, my imagination is powered by the diverse challenge of each new project. Using creativity, I seek to inspire those around me. In turn, my inspiration results from collaborating on projects with other talented individuals as part of an imaginative team of problem solvers.
Exhibit Design Portfolio
Creative Director / Vice President, 2001-2013
Triad Creative Group
• Assume the lead exhibit design responsibilities for an award-winning Advertising and Marketing company.
• Expand design skills to include Computer Rendering as an effective presentation tool. Ability to embellish presentations by constructing detailed 3D models, cut-aways and prototypes of proposed concepts.
• Manage multi-million dollar projects. Successful examples include Bucyrus / Caterpillar Heritage Museum, Wade House Visitor’s Center and Jung Carriage Museum and the DEA Drug Education Program in Afghanistan.
• Apply Experiential Brand Marketing Strategies to trade show environments. Successfully designed and produced exhibits for Harley-Davidson, Chase Bank, Johnson Controls, Kohler, and Rockwell Automation.
• Promoted To Vice President and assigned the task of transforming this regionally recognized company into an internationally renowned design firm and fabricator.
Senior Designer / Creative Director, 1994-2001
• Participate in the foundation of an entirely new exhibit company focused on combining creative 3D marketing strategies with the latest innovative technologies, materials and fabrication techniques.
• Expand Experiential Design skills to include developing memorable museum environments. Applied this experience to designing a unique energy museum “The Energy Experience”, centered around educating the public about Renewable Energy. Other successful projects include the Children’s Museum of LaCrosse.
• Develop a proficient Project Management style based on solid leadership, communication, organizational skills and dedication. Write proposals, detailed descriptions and calculate accurate project estimates.
• Apply my aptitude for developing effective brand marketing environments to projects for WE Energies, Milwaukee Electric Tool, Mercury Marine, and Subaru / Robin Industrial Engines.
Exhibit Designer / Senior Designer, 1990-1994
Badger Exhibit Group
• Design and engineer innovative Custom and Modular trade show exhibits for clients such as Snap-on Tools, Koss Stereophones, Miller Brewing Company, and Summerfest. Proficient use of modular exhibit systems.
• Prepare effective presentations using freehand sketches, marker renderings, floor plans and CAD drawings.
• Provide detailed Construction Drawings. Proficient use of several CAD programs including VectorWorks.
• Maintain strong, satisfaction-based relationships with clients and vendors. Participate as an active member of the Exhibit Designers and Producers Association and as a reliable Octanorm Service Partner.
• Expand responsibilities to include recruiting, training and supervising team of designers and detailers.
BFA Industrial Design, 1986-1990
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD)
• Design Merit Scholarship recipient (Kohler Exhibit Design Project).
• Member of the Industrial Designers Society of America.
• Member of MIAD Student Government
• Completed successful Industrial Design internships at Muderlak Design and Collins Design.
• Automotive design contributor to the Ford Global Technologies’ Technical Specialist Journal.
• Lithium-Ion Battery design for hybrid vehicles presented at 2009 Detroit Auto Show.
• Multiple ‘Employee of the Year’ Awards, ‘Best of Show’ Awards and U.S. Patents.
• Exhibit designs published in...
show more »