- + Follow
Innovative individual with extensive experience as the driving force behind successful on time and on budget lines. Experienced in a wide variety of apparel product, Men's, Women's and accessory design. Ranging from training, running, soccer, swimwear, surf/skate, retro sportswear, golf and outerwear. Overseeing the the process from creative research, design, color, materials, thru to production. Strength in accuracy, detail oriented and function to improve the product to ensure success. Significant background in art and image direction
Mens Active Wear
APPAREL DESIGN, CONTRACT - 2005 To PRESENT
JANTZEN/PERRY ELLIS, SENIOR APPAREL DESIGNER - OCTOBER 2000 to AUGUST 2004
• Created "The Diving Girl Collection", a contemporary Young Women's fashion line with vintage styling.
• Designed line for "Southpoint" and Private label. Involved in creating development calendar with management team.
• Designed fabric prints and jacquards for multiple lines.
• Assured that SKU, target cost, and margin goals were met.
• Designed and executed presentation boards for marketing and buyers. Worked with advertising team on label concepts and names.
• Presented product to key account buyers.
CONTRACT APPAREL DESIGN – 2000
• Client: Nike Golf
• Designed Men's golf apparel for Tiger Woods, Asia & Europe golf.
• Designed original prints and jacquards.
ADIDAS AMERICA, TEAM LEADER APPAREL DESIGN - 1994 THROUGH 1999
• Leader of "Training for Sport" design team.
• Designed successful Men and Women's apparel for Specialty Key Accounts including Footlocker group, Champs, Foot Action, and Finish Line.
• Increased sales of Specialty Key Accounts lines from $12 million to $43 million in three years.
• Traveled and worked closely with Design Director, researching design trends and creating seasonal color palettes.
• Created apparel, footwear, and accessories packages and presentation materials shown to key accounts.
• Designed Men's, Women and Kids' soccer apparel.
• Designed "Originals" apparel.
• Co-designed Men's Inline apparel.
• Worked closely with Marketing and Development to insure design feasibility, price points and working time lines.
NIKE, SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER - 1993
• Designed successful graphics, patches and tee shirts for Boys' apparel.
• Worked closely with Apparel Design to conceive trend direction and color palette.
• Conceptualized and executed inspiration boards for each season.
PIRATE SURF (QUIKSILVER), ART DIRECTOR AND SENIOR APPAREL DESIGNER
1990 THROUGH 1993
• Designed multiple seasons of successful Young Men's apparel, bags, and hats.
• Art directed freelance and executed original graphic designs for tee shirt and fleece programs.
• Was in charge of dyeing and screening.
• Designed and developed original designs for fabric prints, labels, and patches.
• Responsible for creating seasonal color palette, development of fabrics, trims, patches, stickers, and pins.
• Art directed and designed print advertising campaign, in store displays, and promotional give a ways.
Art Center College of Design - Pasadena, CA
B.F.A. in Illustration, with Fine Art minor.
Recipient of Tuition Scholarship of merit.
Orange Coast College - Costa Mesa, CA
A.A. in Fashion Merchandising, including European study abroad.
Nike Golf Modern Amusement
Da Kine Bear Surf
GreenLayer Sports UlaBlu
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel.
References available upon request.
Art Center College of Design
- B.F.A. Illustration and Fine Art
• 2004 Ford Model "Supermodel of the World" event - featuring "The Diving Girl Collection"
• WB11 New York "Morning News" - appeared on fashion show segment.
• E! Channel "Stripped" - appeared in documentary featuring the making of "Diving Girl".
• Red Light boutique - narrated "History of Swim" fashion...
show more »