- + Follow
Innovative individual with extensive experience as the driving force behind successful on time and on budget lines. Experienced in a wide variety of apparel product, Men's, Women's and accessory design. Ranging from training, running, soccer, swimwear, surf/skate, retro sportswear, golf and outerwear. Overseeing the the process from creative research, design, color, materials, thru to production. Strength in accuracy, detail oriented and function to improve the product to ensure success. Significant background in art and image direction
Mens Active Wear
CHRISTINE DURAN — APPAREL DESIGN
3438 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97214
(503) 236-8667 email@example.com
CONTRACT APPAREL DESIGN (2005–Present)
VB Rags International
• Design and development of men and women’s volleyball apparel, including swimwear.
• Design and development of environmentally conscious men and women’s running apparel line.
• Design and development of specialty sports bras and tanks.
SENIOR APPAREL DESIGNER (2000–2004)
• Created “The Diving Girl Collection,” a contemporary Young Women’s fashion line with vintage styling.
• Designed line for “Southpoint” and Private label; involved in creating development calendar with management team.
• Created fabric prints and jacquards for multiple lines.
• Assured that SKU, target cost, and margin goals were met.
• Designed and executed presentation boards for marketing and buyers; worked with advertising team on label concepts and names.
• Presented product to key account buyers.
CONTRACT APPAREL DESIGN (2000)
• Designed Men’s apparel for three major golf categories: Tiger Woods, Asia, and Europe.
• Designed original prints and jacquards.
TEAM LEADER APPAREL DESIGN (1994–1999)
• Leader of “Training for Sport” design team.
• Designed successful Men and Women’s apparel for Specialty Key Accounts including Footlocker group, Champs, Foot Action, and Finish Line.
• Increased sales of Specialty Key Accounts lines from $12 million to $43 million in three years.
• Traveled and worked closely with Design Director, researched design trends, and created seasonal color palettes.
• Created apparel, footwear, and accessories packages and presentation materials for key accounts.
• Designed Men, Women, and Kid’s soccer apparel.
• Created the first padded compression short for the goalie; this was new to the market.
• Designed “Originals” apparel.
• Designed Men’s Inline apparel.
• Worked closely with Marketing and Development to insure design feasibility, price points, and working timelines.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (1993)
• Designed successful graphics, patches, and t-shirts for Boy’s apparel.
• Worked closely with Apparel Design to conceive trend direction and color palette.
• Conceptualized and executed inspiration boards for each season.
ART DIRECTOR AND SENIOR APPAREL DESIGNER(1990–1993)
Pirate Surf (Quiksilver)
• Designed multiple seasons of successful Young Men’s apparel, bags, and hats.
• Art directed freelance and executed original graphic designs for t-shirt and fleece programs.
• In charge of dyeing and screening.
• Designed and developed original designs for fabric prints, labels, and patches.
• Responsible for creating seasonal color palette, development of fabrics, trims, patches, stickers, and pins.
• Art directed and designed print advertising campaign, in-store displays, and promotional giveaways.
Art Center College of Design — Pasadena, CA
BFA in Illustration, with Fine Art minor
Recipient of Tuition Scholarship of merit
Orange Coast College — Costa Mesa, CA
AA in Fashion Merchandising
Included European study abroad program; Dean’s List
ADDITIONAL FREELANCE CLIENTS:
• Modern Amusement
• Da Kine
• Bear Surf
EXHIBITIONS AND PROMOTIONS:
• Fashion Week NYC 2004 Ford Model “Supermodel of the World”— event featuring “The Diving Girl Collection”
• WB11 New York “Morning News”¬ — appeared on fashion show segment
• E! Channel “Stripped” — appeared in documentary featuring the making of "Diving Girl"
• Red Light Boutique — narrated “History of Swim” fashion show and "Diving Girl" premier
• KATU Portland “AM Northwest” — appeared on fashion show segment
• YWCA “Gala in the Heart of The City”— organized, narrated, and curated swimwear fashion show and exhibit; this charity event raised $65,000 for YWCA
• MTV “Road Rules vs. Real World” — contestants outfitted in “Diving Girl”
• MTV “Headbangers Ball” — VJ’s requested and wore Pirate Surf apparel
• Art Center College of Design Gallery — Three juried exhibitions
• PBS Television — Three Dimensional piece featured from Orange Coast College
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel.
References available upon request.