The interest in design started early with my childhood home. My weekly allowance was spent on small furniture pieces and décor to enhance the space. The passion lead to helping friends and family design their homes. In high school, design was apart of the Advance Theater (AP) curriculum, learning drama and stage aesthetics. In summary, the desire of interior design guided me receiving a degrees in art and freelancing with various organizations nationally.
Sandchez Designs-Cincinnati, Ohio
July 2009- Present
Sandchez Designs by Chase Bailey provides interior design services in residential, commercial, and organization. I follow the six principles of design-size, scales, proportion, unity, balance, and rhythm. These elements always enhance a display, regardless of personal taste. In summary, from beginning to end the design experience is a time to grow, promote sales, and drive clientele into the store.
• Investigated new fashion trends, market, and competitors to attract new customers.
• Illustrated schematic renderings to show decor, furnishing, and accessories to enhance residential and commercial applications.
• Collaborated in marketing, development, sales, and suggested teams to drive revenue and quality improvements.
• Illustrated schematic renderings to show plan-o-grams using fashion, accessories, and lighting.
• Created presentation boards for the Design Department to use in the development of color palate for showrooms layout.
• Communicated with department managers to work out floor layouts and drive sales with new products.
• Supervised annual store inventory and seasonal in-store layouts based on company plan-o-grams.
• Negotiated with vendors, conduct product research and comparison, and design.
• Translated catalogues and promotions into real designs on the showroom floor.
• Lead with dressing mannequins and use of appropriate lighting to display merchandise for the best presentation.
• Advised customers in the dressing room selected appealing and appropriate outfits for them.
• Created storage and closet units to organized clothing for retail spaces.
• Completed interior and exterior painting for retail companies to update visual image.
• Promoted local fashion shows by advertising my work through various social media outlets.
• Managed backstage operations and styling for fashion shows.
• Created storage and closet units for apartments and houses.
• Designed apartments to create balance and function for busy families.
• Repaired homes for sale with staging and space planning.
• Organized a 36-year-old food shelter to meet American Disability Act (ADA) regulations.
• Redeveloped an elderly hoarder's apartment to meet city standards.
• AutoCAD 2012
• Google Sketch-up
• Smart Draw
Antonelli College, Cincinnati, Ohio
January 2007- December 2008
Associate of Applied Business in Interior Design
G. P. A. 3.0/4.0 Scale