Christel Infante • email@example.com
Creative Designer and Product Developer who has an eye for translating Directors visions into successful product lines. Ability to strategically think and resolve situations to add value. Keen sense for creating design solutions for various business endeavors. Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
•Product Development • Sourcing• Manager • Quality Controller • Trend Analysis
Perchelle LLC• Los Angeles, California • 2009 - Present
Associate Designer- Men’s Ready To Wear/ Men’s Custom Apparel
Assisted Creative Director with vertical garment process. Often took lead role when director was absent.
• Coordinated all custom orders for production from measurements to finished garments
• Did all trend research per Directors directive. Sourced fabric and trims.
• Lead on flat sketching and technical design and technical packs.
• Managed the product development timelines/deliveries from factory to customer/retailer from first submission to final production.
• Managed sample room staff to ensure timely sample deliveries.
• Assisted Director with all fittings and changes for sample room staff.
• Liaison between contractors and manufacturer for Perchelle LLC.
• Oversaw customized denim orders; everything from1st patterns, shrinkage, washes and embroidery to finished products.
Oni’s Fashion • Los Angeles, California • August 2010-October 2010
Assistant Designer- Womenswear
Assisted Head Designer with the following
• Responsibilities include technical flat sketching, fittings, trend research and creating line sheets.
• Organized prototypes in sample room.
Style Firm LLC • Beverly Hills, California • 2007- 2010
Dresser – Runway Fashions
Backstage Dresser for numerous Fashion Shows including St. John Informal Show at Nordstrom, Macy’s Passport Runway Show, Kaufman Franco-Private Fashion Show, Carolina Herrera Fashion Show, LA Mercedes Fashion Week-Elsie Katz Fashion Show at Smash Box Studios
• Reported to Lead Designer of any fit issues
• Did on the spot hand tailoring as needed
• Quickly problem solved…….
Lawman’s Sportswear Inc, Intern • Los Angeles, California • July 2010-September 2010
Assisted Designer with trend research for denim, created line sheets, and maintained sample room.
Rogiani Inc, Assistant Designer • Los Angeles, California• April 2009-June 2009
Assisted Head Designer with online sales and made sure work orders ran smoothly.
• Drop of packages at the Postal Office and clerical duties(check emails, answer phone, update the calendar)
• Pick up and drop off garments to and from the clients, run errands to the print office, trend research.
• Pulled looks for clients for photo shoot covers.
• Worked with buyers selecting fabric to place orders for special orders.
• Help organize the patterns in the sewing room.
Farris Brothers of California Inc, Sylmar, California • March 2003-June 2003
Freelance Lingerie Designer
Designed and illustrated lingerie for Holiday Collection 2004 Catalog.
Includes, but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Outlook, Internet Research, and proficient in both MAC and PC
Proficient in Draping, Sewing and Screen Printing • Fluent in English and Spanish
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design • The Art Institute of California Hollywood- North Hollywood • 2010
Associates of Applied Science Fashion Design • Brooks College – Long Beach, CA • 2002