- + Follow
Graphic Designer / Artworker / Concept Designer / Illustrato...
London, UK, United Kingdom
London, UK, United Kingdom
Freelance graphic designer, concept designer, illustrator, artworker and CGI artist.
Concept Design - Computer Games
I am highly qualified in illustration, graphic design, concept design and storyboarding. I possess an imaginative and creative approach to design and illustration and I am Mac & PC conversant. I am accustomed to meeting deadlines and working under pressure. I work well as part of a team or independently. I have some managerial and supervisory experience.
• Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark, Painter, Premiere, Lightwave, 3D Max, Maya, ZBrush, Bryce, Excel, and Word on Mac & PC
• Interpreting written or verbal briefs into illustrations and graphics and building concepts from scratch
• Working in a supervisory capacity and communicating concepts and techniques
• Intern at Heavenspot, Los Angeles. Graphic design. Various projects including work for Disney (Hannah Montana), Quiznos (Ad), Facebook (Pox Nora). LA, 2010.
• Freelance graphic designer and illustrator. Various projects including ‘UKAware’ logo design. Oxford, 2006 - 2009
• Work experience as graphic designer at ‘Ghost’ book cover design, Bloomsbury, London, 2006
• Freelance graphic designer. Various projects, including ‘Real Institute’ flyer designs for alternative film nights, flyer and poster designs for ‘Gallery Betws Y Coed’. Wales, 2005 - 2006
• Assistant manager for ‘Gallery Betws Y Coed’. Included populating and maintaining a website store. Wales, 2005 - 2006
• A supervising artist with Conwy Big Art Factory. I worked on a community-based art project, painting a mural on a Conwy town underpass. Wales, 2004
• Artist with the Big Art Factory working with teenagers to create artwork for Conwy Council. Wales, 2004
• Freelance graphic designer. Various projects, including T-shirts for the British boomerang team. Wales, 2004
• Supervising artist for Mynydd Llandegai, creating murals. Wales, 2004
• Storyboard artist & concept designer for ‘3D Films’ television animation and ‘3DFX’ computer games. I worked on ‘Apocalyptica’ (released by Konami), ‘Wheels on the Bus’, ‘Underground Ernie’ and ‘George’ amongst other projects. Telford, 2001 - 2003
• Freelance graphic designer and artist. Backdrop murals for ‘Nightingales’ night-club. Birmingham, 1999
• Graphics for ‘DJ Bionics’. Birmingham, 1998
• Graphic designer for ‘City College Manchester’, flyer production. Manchester, 1996.
• Illustrator for 'City College Manchester' international magazine promo. . Manchester, 1995
• Freelance designer & illustrator for ‘Raw’. Illustrated boots project. Shrewsbury, 1994
• Exhibition of artwork at ‘5 Belmont’. Shrewsbury, 1994
• Illustrator for college comic. Shrewsbury, 1993 - 1994
• Work experience at ‘Cartwn Cymru’ animation studios. Wales, 1992
• 2 :1 BA Degree in Visual Communication / Illustration, U.C.E, Birmingham. Student Representative, 1997-2000
• Merit National Diploma in Graphic Design. Arden City College, Manchester. Student Representative, 1995-1997
• GCSE Art & Design (B), English Language/Literature (B), (C), Science(C), (C), Technical Drawing (C), French (C), Geography (C), and Mathematics (C). Bishops Castle High School, Shropshire, England, 1987-1992
Reading, cinema, photography, CGI, hill walking, mountain biking, surfing, snowboarding, cycling, kayaking and swimming, travel and the arts
University of Central England, UK