- + Follow
Digital Art - Textile Print - Product Designer
Ohio City, OH
Through creating textile prints, fashion apparel, surface design, graphic art, product development, packaging, and marketing concepts I have developed a variety of valuable skills in the design industry. My work in surface design, trend forecasting and consumer product development best complements my talents and fulfills my artistic appetite. Over the past five years I’ve been involved in graphic design, consumer products and apparel having the opportunity to show my work in a variety of fashion shows, as a member of a successful creative department and working directly with clientele at a well establish design firm. I have employed my education excelling in the professional positions listed in my resume while engaged in the study of material arts and 2D design recently achieving a BFA as a non-traditional working student. This has proven to be an advantage providing me with greater insight during my artistic development and contributing invaluable knowledge of the industry to focus and shape my career direction.
Ring Tails Brand
Fabric Print and Apparel Design
Wood Textured Digital Art
Highly motivated recent graduate of design eager to enter a career surrounding textiles, fashion, home décor, and marketing. Creative abilities and practical experience in consumer products, print, and fashion design.
• Award winning fashion and fabric designs; currently exhibiting a textile print piece winner of the People’s Choice award for Project Tunic an event at the Cleveland Art Museum with 1200 voters in attendance and soon to compete as a finalist in the ready-to-wear category of the Vin Burnham Fashion and Design Show.
• Experience in print technology, product development, pattern repeats, fabric printing, color separations, screen-printing, photography, illustration, color theory and conceptual art.
• Achieved Associate of Applied Business Degree in Graphic Design alongside a BFA in Visual Art - explored 2D and 3D art, fashion design, pattern drafting, material arts, illustration, graphic design and pattern repeats for fabric printing throughout education and for senior year solo design exhibition.
• Time management skills accustomed to working in a deadline driven environment, strong ability to multitask, excellent written and verbal communication, and possess an outstanding work ethic with a “can-do” attitude.
• Skilled in client and vendor relationships; talented at building and maintaining “win-win” partnerships.
• Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
• Ability to create original themes and designs with great attention to detail.
• Apply contemporary style of art and design constantly evolving to meet and be foremost of current trends through an understanding of fashion industry and conducting thorough research.
Computer Skills: Mac and PC experience, five years experience and intermediate level skills in Adobe applications CS5 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Professional). Proficient in all Microsoft based programs (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Experience with 3D modeling using Maya.
3/12-present - Blue Star Design, Cleveland, Ohio
? Assist with the design of both print pieces and web content for prominent well-established Cleveland organizations as well as international clients maintaining the integrity of their brand standards.
? Conduct research and image gathering for brand development for new and existing clients.
? Handle small and medium scale projects from start to finish working with clients and print vendors directly.
? Abreast of design and industry trends in software, print standards, online technology, design, color, format, and all technical aspects of the position.
10/11-8/11 - OurPet’s Company, Fairport, Ohio
Product Design and Graphic Design Temp
? Initially hired as intern, performed exceptionally well on the job and received an offer for fulltime position.
? Active team member of the creative department participating in brainstorming meetings for developing new ideas for product lines, new brands, innovative packaging, gift pack groupings, planogram layout, tradeshow displays and marketing strategies; many of my concepts were used in final production.
? Key player in the product design of new cat and dog toys, bowls, and other various products by submitting detailed illustrations, design briefs and style guide documents to vendors having a hand in the development process from initial concept to finished production sample.
? Project management coordinating with the creative director on new line of brand specific pop culture geared cat toys requesting vendor to engineer a specific technique in the production of the vinyl toys to achieve a unique effect in color and texture.
? Created logos and brand identity for new product lines demonstrating both corporate and consumer styles.
? Designed packaging for new and existing products utilizing photography skills, photo manipulation, dieline creation, proofing and preparing press ready art files.
? Headed product photography, photo editing, color correcting, outlining, and file format creation for images used for print, web, and sales demonstrations.
? Assisted the design team in the production of promotional material including flyers, brochures, signage, trade show displays, physical and photorealistic product mockups for increased marketing at important industry tradeshow.
4/09-10/10 - Jones Printing Services Inc., Eastlake, Ohio
? Handled various layout projects such as technical forms, business cards, letterhead and envelope layout, print ads, mailing pieces, flyers, booklets, brochures, signage; often recreating company logos to improve print quality.
? Art direction and design for the company’s business collateral and promotional campaigns.
? Managed monthly newsletter involving themed layout, redesign of several ads, promotional announcements, copy witting, and programming data for monthly contest; print job used variable data output.
? Prepress file management including proofing, corrections, color matching, color separation, imposition and pagination.
Hobbies: I fill my days with activities I love such as creating wall art, tee-shirt design, event logos, pattern repeats for stationary and fabric, designing garments for independent ready-to-wear apparel line, or just for me. I subscribe to the industries leading architecture and design publications, staying up to the minute on fashion and home décor trends.
Lakeland Community College, Kirtland OH
Associate of Applied Business, Graphic Design, May 2008 GPA 3.75
Lake Erie College, Painesville OH
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Visual Art Concentration, May 2012 GPA 3.89
Received an honorary award for “Excellence in Academics” as the leading graduate in the School of Arts and Humanities.
2012, Winner of the People's Choice award for Project Tunic
Project Tunic was a fashion show attended by over 1200 voters at the Cleveland Museum of Art.