- + Follow
Looking for footwear design position.
Avia Internship - Sample Footwear
Avia Internship - Running
Avia Internship - Cross Trainers
11588 SW Graven Street, Portland, OR 97224 • 415.420.7723 • email@example.com
To design, develop and color unique, innovative footwear by leveraging my industrial design training coupled with my unique perspective on product utilization, market trends and retail customer responses.
- Designed running, training, hiking and skate footwear that resulted in numerous samples being created.
- Supported sales group and the development team with footwear color and material choices.
- Reviewed footwear samples with sales, management and design team.
- 10 designs selected and made into physical samples for review and possible production to market.
- 15 year Nike employee, awarded employee of the month 3 times at 3 different stores as well as a Maxim award.
- Designed a t-shirt for a Nike Portland Community campaign event.
- Selected to work for Nike at US Open tennis tournament for a month where we built, worked and tore down a store on the grounds.
- Completed a 3 month stretch position at the Nike Retail Lab where I helped build displays, worked with merchandisers and sorted product for future seasons.
- Exceeded store sales goals and performance metrics through efficient and productive organization of the back of house.
- Ensured timely processing of all shipments, transfers, damages, mismates, supplies and the overall organization of stock areas.
- Supported store management team in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives.
- Achieved inventory results that were top 10 of all stores with a shrink of .04.
Group Ride Leader
- Designed new shop logo for cycling kit that was sold to customers in all Bicycle Village stores.
- Supported Bicycle Village marketing by leading advanced rides on challenging routes and provide an enjoyable riding experience.
- Designed blog where I wrote previews, ride recaps and posted pictures of all rides and was also a source of cycling info.
2012-Present Athlete Nike MLK Store, Portland, OR
2010-2012 Shipping Manager SA Elite, Denver, CO
2009-2012 Advanced Ride Leader Bicycle Village, Denver, CO
2008-2010 Shipping Manager Cole Haan, Denver, CO
2007-2007 Footwear Designer A.S.G., Aliso Viejo, CA
2005 B.A. in Industrial Design Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
References are available on request.
Academy of Art University
- Industrial Design Product Design
- 2001 - 2005