Talented and results-focused marketing and creative services professional with over 17 years experience – in both agency and in-house environments – with a strong background in design, creative direction, brand management, and marketing communications. Have proven managerial experience needed for administering budgets and directing design, vendors, programs, campaigns, and efficient processes. Recognized for protecting and boosting the bottom-line by maintaining and managing in-house talent, shortening project turn around times, and readily attaining project objectives.
Areas of expertise
Creative Direction, Brand Management, Marketing Communications, Team leading and mentoring, Building internal and external working relationships, Project management, Expert-level knowledge of Adobe CS and Microsoft Office
- Aug 2010 - Apr 2013 (2 years 8 months)
At Covario, my responsibilities encompassed a broad range of brand and marketing activities across all mediums, including: creative direction, brand development and management, Web site management, online and offline advertising, collateral development, event management, and marketing campaign and program strategy and development.
• Manage creative direction and execution of online and offline marketing campaigns and programs.
o Covario’s brand awareness increased 4% unaided, 5% aided software and 2.3% aided services.
o Sales Leads increased 225%.
o Marketing Qualified Leads and initial sales meetings increased 22% and 41% respectively.
• Introduced and successfully implemented a new corporate brand and best practices in 2012.
• Successfully developed and launched brand for new business unit of Covario – Rio SEO, Inc. in 2012.
• Lead identity, creative direction and attendee experience of the award-winning annual client conference.
• Best in Biz Gold Award for 2012 Best Marketing Department of the Year.
• Best in Biz Silver Award for 2012 Best Event of the Year for Covario INFLECTIONPoint client conference.
• Golden Bridge Gold Award for 2012 Corporate Communications Department of the Year.
• 2011 and 2012 MediaPost OMMA Search Agency of the Year.
• Named a Strong Performer in the 2012 Forrester Wave for Search Marketing Agencies.
Sr Manager, Creative Services
- Mar 2009 - May 2010 (1 year 2 months)
Joining Websense in 2009, I joined a marketing group without any creative services support in place. My top objectives coming into the marketing department were building a creative services team from the ground up, implementing department processes and reporting metrics, and bringing the corporate brand into alignment globally. Hired, managed and mentored a very talented creative team that supported marketing communication, product marketing and design objectives for a vast range of internal clients within all levels of the organization.
Key Areas of focus included: creative direction, event support, collateral development, online and offline advertising, copywriting, graphic and interactive design, management of corporate trademark portfolio, and marketing campaign development and execution.
Sr. Creative Services Manager
- Polycom, Inc.
- Jun 2003 - Aug 2008 (5 years 2 months)
When I joined Polycom, they had a globally inconsistent brand and messaging platform, without a centralized creative services department. My main focus during my tenure at Polycom was to bring its global brand into alignment and implement guidelines and processes for the internal and external creative services teams worldwide.
Managed global creative service and brand initiatives across multiple business units and executive levels; creation of corporate and product marketing materials – including PowerPoint, printing and production, copywriting, photography, brand management, trademark portfolio management and product naming process, and collateral strategy.
Sr. Graphic Artist
- PlaceWare, Inc - A Microsoft Company
- Nov 1999 - May 2003 (3 years 6 months)
As a startup, PlaceWare’s corporate brand and marketing initiatives were ever expanding and evolving. As part of the corporate marketing team, my main objective was to manage the budget and visual elements of the company’s brand.
• Standard of Excellence WebAward in the 2001 WebAward Web Site Competition – placeware.com.
• Golden Web Award from the International Association of Webmasters and Designers (I.A.W.M.D.) 2001 – placeware.com
American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
Ad Club San Diego
Best in Biz Silver Award for 2012 Best Event of the Year for Covario INFLECTIONPoint client conference.
Golden Bridge Gold Award for 2012 Corporate Communications Department of the Year.
2011 and 2012 MediaPost OMMA Search Agency of the Year.
show more »