- + Follow
Industrial Designer at Delta Cycle
I love design.
I love the process, the innovation, the act of making. Each problem has an infinite number of solutions, but the evolution of a singular design towards its most elegant end product is what drives me to achieve.
I want to utilize my background in design and entrepreneurship with my experience in the professional world and combine it with my enthusiasm for that evolution and process.
Whether it's strategy, branding, ideation or product development, the entire spectrum of Industrial Design is what drives me to succeed.
Volta Solar Charger
Archeology: A robot Chess Set
Freelance Industrial Designer
- Felix Brand LLC
- May 2013 - Present (7 months)
Product Design: mobile accessories, technology, iPhone / iPad cases
Manufacturability: works hand-in-hand with factory in China to ensure product is made to spec and desired quality. Produces tech packs, CMF packs, and supervises design team’s interaction with the factory team and engineering staff.
Packaging: designs packaging, applies graphics, color ups
3D Modeling and Rendering: Rhino, Keyshot, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Parlee Cycles
- May 2013 - Aug 2013 (3 months)
Brand Design: created identity for new bike line-up
Logo / Name Ideation: brainstorming, mood boards, logo and name development. Trademark research and availability. Crafted a new identity that works with existing design and language.
Competition Audit: research, in-store vs online presence
Graphics: marketing boards, pamphlets, manual design
Industrial Design Freelancer
- Sprout Studios
- Nov 2012 - Jul 2013 (8 months)
Founded in 2001, SPROUT is an award-winning, Boston based, concept to launch design studio deeply rooted in today's pop culture. Our multi-disciplinary, team of designers, thinkers and artists fuse innovation, creativity & insight to deliver authentic lifestyle driven products, brands and experiences.
Working as an Intern at Sprout means I get to put my hands on a little bit of everything. I assemble presentations, sketch ideations, build models, and finalize renderings. I work in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino, Alias, Keyshot on both Macs and PCs. Oh, and I also use pens and markers.
- Massachusetts College of Art
- Sep 2011 - May 2013 (1 year 8 months)
The industrial design program teaches students to solve design problems and redesign products to improve their usability. Coursework focuses on sketching and rendering techniques, manufacturing processes, and the construction of prototypes.
Through an intense design process incorporating research, concept drawing, manufacturing analysis, and material exploration, students create solutions for a number of consumer products. Coursework culminates in a major degree project.
Internships, design competitions, and partnerships with local manufacturing and consulting firms afford opportunities to apply classroom teaching in the real world.
Industrial Design Intern
- May 2012 - Aug 2012 (3 months)
• Industrial Design, including hands-on creative design using rapid visualization techniques, sketching, graphic design applications and CAD tools (such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Rhino 3D, Alias) to prepare scale drawings of designs, shop tools and prototyping tools.
• Rendering work to create both photo realistic shots and fast ideation renders.
• Rapid visualization brainstorming utilizing hand and computer sketching.
• Solid skills in research, creative brainstorms, concept development and refinement.
• Understanding and utilizing various production methods and materials.
- Path Less Taken Guides, LLC
- Jun 2008 - Apr 2010 (1 year 10 months)
Path Less Taken is about the freedom of solitude, the freedom from the daily grind. We love the wild, and want to share that with you. At PLT Guides we let you shape your journey.
Massachusetts College of Art
- BFA Industrial and Product Design
- 2011 - 2013
Montana State University-Bozeman
- Bachelors Environmental Design
- 2001 - 2006
Minor in Creative Writing