Well rounded, familiar with several types of fabriation processes. Some of my backround is in the fashion industry. Familiar with product requirements for a wide range of retail markets. Have managed several talented people in the design and manufacturing arena.
14248 Ramhurst Drive • La Mirada, California 90638
H: (562) 325-8161 C: (562) 458-9587 • firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Skilled executive with accomplished experience in:
• New Product Innovation • Product Management • Establishing Pricing Structure • Bill of Material Analysis • Trend Analysis • Risk Analysis • Asian Vendor Sourcing • Merchandising • Art Direction • Product Marketing •
MARKWINS INTERNATIONAL, City of Industry, California• Sept 2009-Oct 2010
Mass Market Consumer Goods, Adult and Kids Cosmetics. Personal care, hard, and soft goods.
Product Design Lead & Product Design Engineer
Responsible for $110M+ category. Co-developed/generated new product ideas with company CEO and Vice President. Researched and prepared marketing/planning lines for specific mass markets and department stores. Analyzed cost structures and competitive landscape. Monitored international production site. Managed a small team of, Product Designers, and Sample Makers. Participated in International Sales Meetings.
• Actively participated in doubling company revenue to over $350M throughout 4.5 years.
• Actively participated in designing, developing, and helping sell items into Costco, Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Kmart, Kohl’s, Ulta and many more.
DELTA CREATIVE, City of Industry, California • June/2005-Aug/2009
Mass Market Consumer Goods, Kids Activities, Kids Cosmetics, and Arts & Craft Materials. Soft and Hard Goods. International Sales.
Director of Product Development & Category Manager
Charged with developing and managing two new divisions—Kids Role Play Cosmetics and Kids Crafts. Oversee marketing development. Hired and Managed a small team which included a Marketing Manager, Product Designer, Graphic Artist, and Sample Maker. Maintained a great working relationship with International Sales Managers and Internal Office Support. Reported directly to President and CEO.
• Rescued over 50% of development budget by establishing in-house Product Development teams.
• Improved department communications by implementing New Project Development protocol.
• Produced $4M in new product growth within 1 year of managing/implementing two new divisions.
THE POSEY COMPANY, Arcadia, California • Oct/1997-April/2001
Global provider of cost-effective patient-care products. Sewn and Electronic Goods.
Manage development of over 25 new products per year. Supervised 2 production departments. Created product specifications. Ensured production flow. Secured raw materials pipeline. Adjusted products to meet specific price points.
• Increased new product growth by 25%.
• Developed hospital patient alarm that produced $1M revenue in first year.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design 1996
Long Beach State University, Long Beach, California
Multiple Management Training Courses
Medical Device Risk Analysis
Excel • Word • Powerpoint
• Graphite • Cobalt 3D • SolidWorks
• PhotoShop • Skype
Industrial Design Society of American
Interest in Mandarin
(basic word knowledge)
California State Long Beach