There is so much beauty in chaos
moments with you Illustrations
Cynthia A. Bogart
Highly motivated designer and artist experienced with multi-faceted and fast-paced retail, graphic, and innovative conceptual venues. Significant experience in both fashion and home visual merchandising, prop styling and marketing. Senior Director of Merchandising managing fixtures, displays and window designs. Also designed and oversaw photo shoots, ads, website design and public relations.
Anthropologie- Rockefeller Center; Urban Outfitters- 72 St., New York, NY 8/2011—11/2011
Freelance Display Artist
• Built, installed and created all window and interior display material for Anthropologie Rockefeller Center location. Additionally assisted home merchandising team.
Son of Man (http://assemblylineentertainment.com/?page_id=10), Los Angeles, CA 4/2011— 6/2011
Makeup and Wardrobe (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4728900/)
• Wardrobe, styling and makeup on independent film.
High Fashion Home (Highfashionhome.com), Houston, TX 8/2005— 10/2010
Director of Visual Merchandising
• Responsible for all merchandising, display, vignettes, window and fixture design, and store layout for 125,000 square foot home furnishing retail store.
• Styled photo shoots and set up external displays for store advertising in malls and sponsored events, parties, showrooms and weddings.
Boutique Manager/Women and Accessory Buyer
• Opened, managed, and was sole buyer for women’s wear boutique and children’s boutique within store.
• Increased sales by 40 percent and boutique profits overall by 20 percent in the first month as manager.
• Expanded sales area from 50 square feet to 10,000 square feet.
• Organized trunk shows and brought in new clothing lines.
• Purchased all merchandise for in store boutique including accessories and books through vendors and buying markets in New York and Dallas.
In– house PR Department Manager
• Collaborated with editors of local and national magazines to promote items sold in High Fashion Home.
• Collected and forwarded high- resolution images for print.
• Set up trunk shows and events including selected featured merchandise.
New Living (http://www.newliving.net/), Houston, TX 9/2007—1/2008
• Transformed an older neighborhood hardware store into a sustainable living supply store.
• Worked with client to market, brand, and advertise new endeavor including researching and purchasing eco responsible products to fit civic message of store and clientele.
Peel Gallery and Boutique (Peelgallery.org), Houston, TX 8/2006— 2/2007
• Curated shows for Jason Miller, Orfeo Quagliatea, Melissa Borrel, Tobias Wong and Citizen Citizen.
• Repurposed gallery space to incorporate both current shows and new retail boutique section.
H & M (HM.com), New York, NY 3/2000—7/2003
Visual Merchandiser, Window Display Stylist
• Designed, built and installed window and interior displays in retail stores and corporate showroom.
• Styled all mannequins in windows and in store.
• Involved in planning and opening of flagship Fifth Avenue store and Penn Station locations.
• Conducted training sessions for incoming visual displayers in Stockholm and NYC.
Cyn + Grif, Houston, TX 1/2002—12/2007
• Designed and produced own line of contemporary home and personal accessories.
• Sold at The Center for Contemporary Craft, Kuhl-Linscomb, Peel Gallery, Leap Boutique, Isla and Rica.
• Featured in Lucky Magazine December 2004 and July 2007. Featured in California Home and Design Magazine August 2005.
Affinity Creations, Brooklyn, NY 1/1999—7/2003
• Department store and trade show display. Notable projects included Chanel, DKNY, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, and trade show booths for International Beauty and Food shows at the Javits Center.
The Art Institute, Pittsburgh online, Digital Design Diploma 2012
Bard College, Annandale-On-Hudson, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts. Minor Art History 1998
University College London, Slade School of Fine Arts. UK 1997
Exhibitions and Publications
Costumes for Cocktails, column illustrator. 002 Magazine, Houston, TX 6/2007—10/2010
Hey You! new works on paper. Solo exhibition. Laszlo’s Warehouse, Houston, TX 5/2009
Lucky Magazine. Featuring Cyn + Grif pillows 12/2004, 7/2007
Gift Show. Peel Gallery, Houston, TX 12/2007
California Home and Design Magazine featuring Cyn + Grif pillows 8/2005
Cyn + Grif trunk show. Leap Boutique, Houston, TX 8/2004
Small Show. Dakota Framing Gallery, Houston, TX 12/2004, 2005
Group Show. Laura Battle Gallery, Hudson, NY 8/1998
The Usual Crowd paintings and drawings, Fisher Gallery, Annandale-On-Hudson, NY 4/1998
Adobe Creative Suite 5. Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient with small power tools