I'm a footwear designer seeking new opportunities in the fashion footwear industry designing men's and women's footwear.
Rhode Island School of Design Providence, RI
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Industrial Design, 2011
Politecnico di Milano Milan, Italy
Exchange Program, Industrial design with a focus on consumer products, 2010
Marc Jacobs International New York, NY
Design Assistant, 2012 - Present
Marc by Marc Jacobs shoe design
Reebok International Canton, MA
One year Footwear Design Apprenticeship, 2011-2012
Work with the Toning and Walking design director on research, concept, and sketching on the Fall/Winter 2013 and Spring/Summer 2013 collections.
• Trend research and consumer profiling
• Researched and sketch on seasonal themes and new design initiatives
• Created price range appropriate design solutions
• Color ups and material ups
• Interacted with developers, pattern makers, and other designers to create final product
• Created tech packs to be sent to factories
• Made revisions on patterns after receiving pullovers
• Worked on three shoe designs that have been put into production
• Helped to set up and organize presentation rooms and other design operation related projects
• Apply independent project using skills, knowledge, and resources gained from Reebok while incorporating fashion interests
Sears Holding/K Mart New York, NY
Shoe Design intern, 2010
• Worked closesly with supervisor to research current trends and helped in the design process through sketching, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop work
• Helped develop new technology concepts for sneakers
• Worked on graphics for Joe Boxer and Athletec brands
• Took part in trend forecaster meetings and inspiration trips
Strong knowledge and understanding of design principles. Strong interest in footwear design, concept art, and gaming. Strong research, brainstorming, documentation, and mind mapping skills. Ability to sketch and use a range of materials such as wood, metal, urethane foam, and polystyrene plastic. Entry level shop tools and machinery for metal and intermediate experience for wood.
PC and Mac Systems. Solidworks CAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, HTML, CSS, and Microsoft Office.
Enthusiastic learner, flexible, conversational Korean and basic Japanese language skills. Have a very team oriented attitude, organized, and resourceful.