- + Follow
Creative Director / Graphic Designer
I am very capable when it comes to problem solving of any kind, whether it be hardware troubleshooting or assembling a complex design package for a client. I have experience with a multitude of computer hardware systems and design software applications. I have worked in smaller print and design related businesses as well as in larger corporate structured positions with thousands of employees. I am well motivated and enjoy being challenged by my job and surroundings.
Shilo Inns Website Design
My work as a freelancer has varied from logo development & business card creation to full corporate identity packages including websites. These projects have provided me with invaluable experience & challenged me with short deadlines & working within preexisting design restrictions & requirements.
* Web design & development
* Computer network setup & maintenance
* Hardware & software support
* Logo design & corporate identity
* Brochure & catalog design
* Image manipulation & restoration
* Technical support
* Marketing & design consultation
With Shilo I was tasked with developing graphic materials to support the hotels & restaurants from business cards to billboards. During my employment I established a print & production department to move 90% of outside printed work in-house achieving significant savings. I also established & administered all of the social media channels on a variety of platforms and was responsible for creating graphic content for regularly scheduled postings and email newsletter distributions.
* Advertisement design & creation
* Print Production of in-house advertising
* Design & distribution of email newsletters
* Responsible for maintaining material stock
* Social media administration
* Technical equipment research
* Design for company websites
* Vehicle Wrap design layout
While at Robson Publishing I worked with a team of 2 other graphic artists to produce advertisements for 7 monthly newsprint publications as well as completing the layout of each of those publications. I also worked on a quarterly magazine showcasing the interior design & layout of residences sold within a variety of communities.
* Newspaper & magazine design & layout
* Advertisement design
* Client interaction
* Design for company websites
With Tempe Camera I was employed as a digital retoucher / video editor & I was responsible for managing client jobs from submission to final approval. Restoration of damaged or aged photographs was a daily occurrence & I would often work on large 30 plus minute video presentations.
* Film scanning utilizing drum & flatbed
* Image restoration & retouching
* Video editing & duplication
* Client interaction & customer service
* Provided customer technical support
* Large-format image production
Superior Label exposed me to high-volume production work as well as introducing me to graphic design as a career. I worked in every area of production including label design & preparation, negative production, plate making to final shipping of the order to the client.
* Create & prepare graphics for offset production
* Negative & plate production
* Package & distribute internationally
* International relations with clientele
* Purchasing & receiving of supplies
Collins College introduced me to Graphic design as a profession and taught or refined my skills in the area of animation, photography, videography, illustration visual communication. Many of the skills I acquired during my education I continue to use on a daily basis.