- + Follow
I've been a graphic designer for more than 15 years, both as an in-house employee and self-employed as a one-man, design shop. I’m happy working as part of team as well as independently, and I can juggle as many projects as you can throw at me and keep it organized. I’ve worked on a variety of projects including trade publications, newsletters, logos, brochures, annual reports, ads, web design, “e-mailers,” and trade show materials, including booth design, signage and t-shirts.
Engage! Creative Springfield, PA 12/00 – present
Self-owned, start up design studio.
12/00 – Present Worked on a variety of print and web projects for clients such as: Medical Communications Media; Murphy Putnam Shorr & Partners; Colby Manufacturing; SyntelliRead; NIC-USA; Communications Technologies Inc.; Lunchbox Communications; Mosaic Partners; and the Special Olympics of Philadelphia.
08/05 – Present Design a bi-monthly trade publication for Communications Technologies, Inc. Responsibilities include page design, creation/insertion of new ads, design of electronic magazine and newsletter, directing cover photo shoots, as well as creating literature, giveaways, and signage for trade show materials.
12/00 – 06/05 Served as an independent design consultant for Strohl Systems. Responsible for taking care of all their design needs, from inception through completion. Responsible for coordinating with vendors, photographers. Participated in client strategy meetings and concept meetings.
• Single-handedly accomplished what larger full-service agencies provide, while offering quick and responsive turn around
• Established key relationships with an external vendors. Because of these relationship, clients have enjoyed not only on time delivery but favorable economies of scale and significant buying power
• Set forth a flexible and visual branding that not only communicates a products value premise but also allowed for segmentation and the inclusion of future product offerings
Omnient Corporation Blue Bell, PA 05/00 – 11/00
Omnient Corporation was a fast growing e-business solutions company that specialized in client positioning and web development.
Art Director: Responsibilities included working with a wide range of internal teams for the development and planning of strategic client positioning. In addition took over as the sole art director for meeting the print and web design needs for a major account. Maintained, developed, and fostered client relations. Extensive client and vendor contact involving project coordination and implementation. Assisted design department in maintaining and troubleshooting Mac computer hardware and software as well as coordinating and integrating design needs with the IT department. Trained and art directed production artist in fulfilling print jobs.
• Worked with design team to set processes in place that helped assure quality
• Set standards for digital production
• Developed and implemented a plan for Mac computer maintenance
• Developed and maintained positive relationships with key clients
Intrinsic Design Valley Forge, PA 05/99 – 04/00
Intrinsic Design was a small design studio focusing on print production.
Art Director: Worked closely with a creative team to develop and execute a variety of print-related jobs. Collaborated with sales staff for selling and developing client projects. Assumed the role in maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
• Developed and implemented a plan for maintenance of computer hardware
• Developed and maintained positive relationships with key client
Witter Publishing Corporation Flemington, NJ 01/96 – 04/99
Witter Publishing specializes in developing vertical market niche trade publications.
Art Director: Responsibilities included designing and producing two monthly trade publications, supervising and directing four designers, overseeing the design of five trade publications along with their respective web sites, as well as managing the design and designing collateral marketing pieces for four trade shows produced for the in-house exhibitions department. Some of the work for the publications required illustrations or reworking illustrations, art directing on- and off-site photo shoots, photo retouching, coordinating with ad trafficker for ad placement, and creation of client and house ads. The work for the exhibitions department required designing direct mail pieces, brochures, logo and stationery packages and signage for the trade show. Both the publication and exhibit work required extensive contact and coordinating with print vendors for project fulfillment. Also trained new designers and established a design/production workflow for the publications. Assumed the role of Mac IT support
• Met multiple concurrent deadlines while maintaining design quality
• Fostered a sense of teamwork among artists, editors and sales
• Devised design and production quality standards for files and magazine layout
Ingersoll-Rand Corporate Advertising Washington, NJ 09/91 – 12/95
Ingersoll-Rand is a diversified industrial firm.
Production Artist/Graphic Designer: Primarily made physical mechanicals — ruled boards, cut amberlith overlays, pasted and aligned text and photographs. Also designed a variety of print jobs, such as: direct mail pieces, trade show materials, full page and fractional ads, brochures and catalogs as well as creating pen and ink or digital illustrations for various Ingersoll-Rand divisions.
• Established a solid foundation in both design and production
• Learned basics of Macintosh OS troubleshooting and maintenance
BFA in Communications Design, 1990
Northampton Community College
Associates Degree in Advertising Design, 1987