- + Follow
Responsible for design of the Men's Casual Footwear (Primarily Made in Portugal product)
Footwear Designer for Firetrap and Ben Sherman Men's Footwear Collections
- Design Ben Sherman footwear including formal, casual and sport.
- Design Firetrap footwear including formal,casual, sport and work boot constructions
- Producing comprehensive Competitor reports
- Producing Range Plans with price targets
- Working alongside the Creative Directors, Owners, Licensee Managers,buyers and sales people of Ben Sherman, Firetrap and GMI to build the ranges.
- Liase with suppliers, factory agents in China, India and Italy and VP of production for development.
- Freehand designing along with full use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Developing and designing new outsoles and lasts.
- Graphic and print development on uppers, soles and socks aswell as all colour cads for SKU'S
- Working within time constraints and deadlines.
- Regular sourcing and inspiration trips.
- Bi-Seasonal Prototype development trips
- Creating specific trend/mood boards for Ben Sherman and Firetrap for seasonal direction.
- Visit competitive shops to maintain market and customer awareness.
- Studying current trends by examining fashion web sites, blogs and magazines.
Po-Zu was launched in 2006 with the aim of setting new standards in ecological and ethical footwear manufacturing.
Po-Zu shoes are made from carefully selected natural materials that are healthy for your feet, safe for all the workers throughout our supply chain, and kind to the environment.
I worked closely with the Director at Po-Zu to assist with a variety of tasks.
My primary/key role was that of Footwear and Accessories Designer for both the Mens and Womens footwear styles.
I designed Po-Zu's SS11,AW11, and SS12 collections and designed AW11 Timberland/Po-Zu collection
As designer, my duties entailed:
* Design exploration and development
* Producing Product Design Specification Sheets/Tech Packs using Adobe Illustrator
* Outsole Specs
* Prototype/Sample Development (sometimes requiring trips to the factory in Portugal)
As the Director's Assistant my other duties are:
* Liasing with factory, distributors, sales agents, and customers internationally via e-mail regarding logistics, payments and queries
* Graphic Design of Catalogue, Pamphlet, Trade-show stand
Concept Design and Product Development for AW11 Footwear Collection
Cipher International is a lifestyle footwear brand based in Hong Kong.
Liasing closely with the MD based in Hong Kong, my role is to execute the design and development, and also produce the tech-pack's for the footwear collection based from concept and direction imagery.
I am also requested to travel to China to meet up with the production team to help develop new styles and consult production.
Provided research and concept drawings for a project set by a client of Footsoldiers
Assisting with the Design and Development of Puma Blackstation's Footwear including Rudolph Dassler, Urban Mobility, and Alexander Mcqueen.
Hand Made Footwear for Kei Kagami 2007 Milan Catwalk show