David Istvan employs animation, painting, illustration and graphic design to speak about the serious issues of today’s, and yesterday’s, society. The cynically brutal humor he uses in his art and title wordplay's serves as a glimpse of the potential challenges of tomorrow.
- University of Arts and Design Cluj-Napoca
- – In 2012 the Tribuna Slovenian Student Newspaper won the Golden Bird/ Golden Nest Awards for the year 2011 for outstanding achievements in the field of cultural endeavor.
– 2012 Tribuna Student Newspaper got a honorary diploma at the 11th edition of the "International Exhibition of Graphic Design and Visual Communications" 2012 March Zagreb, Croatia.
– 2011 together with the Tribuna Student Newspaper editors team (Aljaz Kosir, Aljaz Vindis, Nejc Prah, Klemen Ilovar) won the Grand Brumen Award for best work of the Biennial at the 5th Biennial of the Slovene Visual Communications. In the Newspapers and Magazines categories we also won the award.
– 2010 won the 2nd prize at Magdalena, International Festival of Creative Communication/ in the Creative Media Content for the web category with the "Pavlov Dogs"- animation. Maribor/ Slovenia.