- + Follow
David Krawczyk is an industrial designer of intuitive products that encourage consumers to have a better understanding of the resources required for a product's function. His designs work to increase consumer awareness on a product's impact in today's "thow-away" society. He provides unique solutions to everyday complications, finding inspiration through the deconstruction of existing systems. By breaking down design, he identifies areas of improvement, and then reworks these methods to design innovative solutions. David works in Brooklyn, New York. He holds a Bachelor of Industrial Design from Pratt Institute.
Five Fold Folding Bike
347.470.8048 | Brooklyn, NY
The Charge Cycle - Co-Developer, New York, NY
• Develop concept, brand identity, and business plan of human powered
bicycle charging stations to be located around metropolitan cities.
• Prototyping and product testing for ultimate user experience.
• Communicating with factories in China to source components.
• Social network interface development.
• Providing prospective clients with product presentations and quotes.
Brookstone - Product Design Intern, Merrimack, NH
• Communicated with design team, merchants, legal department,
Hong Kong affiliate, quality assurance, electrical and mechanical
engineers in the development of two production products.
• R&D, sketching, model making, presentation layouts, building SolidWorks
databases with part breakup, specifications: color map and texture.
Pratt Institute - Resident Director, Brooklyn, NY
• Supervise a staff of six resident advisors in developing
a community in a residence hall of 200 students.
• Delegate tasks utilizing the teams’ strengths and weaknesses.
Mayore Industries - Product Designer, Brooklyn, NY
• Product ideation, R&D, presentation layouts, and building
SolidWorks databases for rapid prototyping.
Artistic License Interiors Inc. and Barnla Laboratories - Design Intern, Brooklyn, NY
• Sourced parts, engineered, and fabricated one-off lighting design.
• Redesigned and launched www.barnlalaboratories.com.
Access Advertising - Design Intern, Roanoke, VA
• Redesigned agency website launched Dec. 2009-Dec. 2011.
sketching, model making, computer rendering, metal fabrication, woodworking,
web design and development, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
time management, interpersonal communication, creative thinking,
problem solving, resourcefulness, reliability, organization
Platforms: Mac OSX, Windows
SolidWorks, PhotoView 360, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver,
After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite
2012 Honorable Mention: Illuminating Engineering Society NYC Lighting Competition
2011 Rowena Reed Kostellow Scholarship