1st Class BA (hons) in Footwear Design of De Montfort University 2010.
A highly efficient & versatile worker who is capable to adapt to new ventures. Offering a logical and responsive mindset to his employers and co-workers alike.
An organised and self-motivated individual who communicates confidently and effectively at all levels. Can be relied upon for their analytical skills, alongside their educated and constantly growing knowledge of the footwear, fashion & design industries.
Ability to work to a creative brief, but alternatively push its boundaries by applying new ideas with functional and marketable values to create commercial products. An eye for proportion, material and colour, with creative and technical abilities for the development of highly thought out products. Gaining inspiration from fashion trends, popular culture and alternative innovative design/ art. An ambitious nature to grow and gain further knowledge in all aspects of the industry.
• Achieved a First Class BA Honours in Footwear Design, De Montfort University in 2010 by implementing time, dedication & passion to my ideal area of interest.
• Winner of the De Montfort Christopherson award, April 2010. A selection of design work was chosen by the Dean & Head of Art & Design faculty to be archived & represent the university in international design competitions.
• Selected finalist for MODA magazine “Where fashion comes together” trade show, NEC Birmingham Nov 2009. Trend and concept inspired footwear to be designed for and displayed during the shows based on the title “History in the Making”.
• Chosen finalist for Pattern Cutters Guild, bespoke shoe making competition.
One of six selected students given the challenge to design and make a fashion inspired men's bespoke shoe based on a provided orthopaedic last.
Footasylum - Preston Nov 2012 - Current
• Involved with staff at all levels, including managing, motivating and training employees whilst ensuring the relevant HR procedures. Responsible for cash management and opening/closing of the store. Ensuring the store is following market trends and implementing shop merchandising to maximize sales.
• Providing customers with positive, quality and intelligent service. Integrating past experience in retail and relevant knowledge from footwear design to increase sales and advise individuals accordingly.
• Resolving customer and staff issues when relevant in a pleasant and patient manner.
Office Shoes – Preston Aug – Oct 2012
Sales Assistant / Sportswear Specialist
• Providing a variety of customers with first class, practical and efficient service.
• Researching and writing bi-weekly trend reports on Preston’s sportswear competitors & customers. Giving head office reliable information to help increase sales & gain more custom from a range of customers.
• Implementing a reliable stock room staff sales area to reduce faults with sales & increase productivity during the unpacking of footwear.
Vision Express - Preston Apr – Aug 2012 Optical Sales Assistant
• Providing a variety of customers with concise customer service to help them gain medical and aesthetic eyewear.
• Merchandising and product placement of premium products.
• Researching eyewear trends to educate staff and in turn provide customers with suitable frames for their personality or style.
• Maintaining articulate contact with hundreds of customers via email and telephone providing them with relevant information.
Jacobson Group (Gola Classics & Frank Wright) Jan - Dec 2011
• Developing trend and market lead footwear for the masses and dedicated customer base.
• Working closely with and gaining vast range of knowledge and skills from an experienced design team and sales force
• Retaining an up to date understanding of the current footwear/ fashion trends and market placed product, along side materials and colour was an important role.
• Visiting trend and alternative sports based shows, with visual and written reports following the visits to apply to product development was essential.
• Working on developing products for two historical brands and working to strict parallel seasonal deadlines was a challenge, but also refreshing as I had the opportunity to create full ranges of quality thought out footwear for Frank Wright and lifestyle sports inspired product for Gola.
Tregarron LTD (Ikon footwear & Base London) July – Dec 2010
Men’s Fashion & Lifestyle Designer
• Designing fashionable lifestyle & smart men’s footwear, branding, graphics and creating trend reports for 2 successful brands. Also designing MTO footwear for the high street (Clarks, Next, George, M&S).
• Working closely with a group of experienced individuals within the footwear industry, gaining knowledge about factories and the process of development to mass production, understanding the financial aspects of running a brand to manufacturing products (working out of Ranipet, India for periods of time working directly with the factories, last makers and leather suppliers, developing new products and further learning new skills).
• Trend research within the market place and using online resources to develop trend reports, gaining a greater understanding of customer needs and to further more help to develop ranges of fashionable footwear that appeal to the masses and niche markets.
T&A Footwear - Leicester July 2009
Women’s Fashion & Lifestyle Designer
• Designing ladies footwear for high street & high end brands such as Topshop, Carvela, Penny’s & River Island in specific detail drawings in both hand & CAD.
• Creating spec sheets for production to factories in the Fareast.
• Work placement during university.
Nando’s - Leicester Apr 2009 – May 2010
“Nandoca” Front of house
Revolutions Bar - Leicester Aug – Dec 2008
Barman / Cocktail Scientist
The Pier - Preston June 2005 – Aug 2007
De Montfort University, Leicester Sep 2007 – July 2010
Footwear Design BA (hons) – First/ 1st
Cardinal Newman College - Preston Sep 2005 - June 2007
A-Level Double Award Applied Art & Design B + B
A-Level Film Studies B
A-Level & GCSE General Studies C
Gained: 4 A-Levels C & above. 5 AS-Levels C & above including design technology. 1 GCSE
Our Lady’s High School - Preston Sep 2000 – July 2005
Attained 9 GCSE’s grade C & above, with Maths & English. Including A grades in Art & design, & Design Technology.
Sneaker Culture, Fashion, Design, Photography, Skateboarding, Cycling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, & Travel