Hey! I'm a graphic artist / art director from Toronto, Canada. I've been working in design for over 15 years and I'm extremely passionate about my work. My career has taken me all over the world and I've been very fortunate to have worked with some of the best brands in the industry. I'm currently available for freelance & full-time work. Drop me a line if you have any questions or inquires!
David N. Cohen
David Nathan Cohen
Graphic Artist & Art Director
Tel / 604.355.0063
Email / email@example.com
Portfolio / http://www.coroflot.com/davidncohen
I am an energetic, unique and passionate graphic artist with over 10 years of international experience in print, fashion and multimedia design.
* Company / Aritzia
* Year / 2012
* Title / Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer
* Web / www.aritzia.com
* Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
At Aritzia I was responsible for the Art Direction & Graphics for TNA. I led a team of 6 designers and we produced industry leading graphics & textiles for the TNA brand. Our first collection as a team hit stores this fall and TNA saw a massive increase in garments that had applied graphics.
My duties also included creating Creative Direction decks for seasonal graphics. These decks were presented to the C.E.O. of Aritizia and used by all graphic designers at Aritizia (TNA, Talula, Wilfred, Babaton).
* Company / DNC Studio
* Year / 2011 to present
* Title / Art Director & Graphic Designer
* Location: Toronto, Ontario
Freelance Art Direction & Graphic Design based out of my studio in Toronto, Canada.
Services include: Branding, Apparel Design, Web + Print ID, Product Design, App Development (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry).
* Company / Nike Inc.
* Year / 2006-2010
* Title / Senior Graphic Designer
* Web / www.nike.com
* Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Nike is synonymous with excellence and innovation and I was honored to have had the chance to work with this world-class company.
At Nike, I worked with the "Center of Excellence" group under the creative direction of Tom Andrich, Michael Leon, Chris Teig & Gemo Wong.
One of the unique aspects of working in the COE was the opportunity to work with multiple categories within the Nike umbrella.
I was responsible for designing and directing graphics for Nike Sportswear, Nike 6.0, Nike SB, Nike Urban, ACG, Nike Basketball and other quick strike projects.
At Nike my duties included:
- Develop seasonal direction with Design Leadership.
- Work with product line managers to determine seasonal trends.
- Create original designs based on seasonal direction.
- Manage and direct junior designers.
- Present to creative leads and executives for seasonal review.
- Create Tech Packs & factory schematics.
- Material and application selection/sourcing.
- Manage fit & quality sessions.
Highlights at Nike:
- Worked with the world famous "Nike Innovation Kitchen" on various projects.
- Played an integral role in the design and re-launch of Nike Sportswear in USA.
- Set various sales records in US, Canada and EU for t-shirt sales in the MDS category.
- My design was selected to the "Top 100" Nike Apparel pieces of all time by Nike design leadership.
- Was 1 of 10 designers selected to instruct a class for the "Beautiful Losers" workshops presented by Aaron Rose.
* Company / Vasava Artworks
* Year / 2005
* Title / Senior Designer
* Web / www.vasava.es
* Location : Barcelona, Spain
Vasava is one of the most well regarded design agencies in Europe and it was a huge privilege to have worked with this studio.
Under the art direction of Bruno Selles I grew tremendously as a designer. His logic and approach to design influenced me a great deal.
I was also fortunate to work and learn alongside design phenom Alex Trochut. We had great team chemistry and produced some sensational artwork.
At Vasava, I was responsible for various design initiatives such as:
- Graphics screens, textiles & embroideries for the Thomas Burberry 2006 men’s and women’s collections.
- Illustrations, screens and custom typography for Diesel’s book "Fifty".
- Design and Illustration for Pull & Bear (web/print).
- Illustration for Amnesty International.
- Cover Illustration for Duende Magazine,
- H Magazine website.
- CMYK Festival website.
* Company / Lounge Agency & Lounge Clothing
* Year / 2000-2004
* Title / Art Director and Graphic Artist
* Location : Toronto, Ontario
Lounge Clothing was one of Toronto's original Hip-Hop / Streetwear stores. Lounge was often compared to Supreme NYC and had a similar underground following in the Hip-Hop, Graffiti and Skateboarding communities.
This was a great experience for me and was a real launching pad for me career as fashion designer. I learned a great deal about the clothing business and had the opportunity to work with fantastic artists, celebrities and
other famous personalities.
At Lounge Clothing I lead the design of the 2002 & 2003 Collections. The collections included T-shirts, Varsity Jackets, Sports Jersey’s
New Era Caps, Men’s & Women’s Tracksuits, Hoodies and under garments.
With the success of Lounge Clothing spawned Lounge Agency. Lounge Agency was a full-service advertising agency. We represented artists such as Steve Carty and helped break new ground in the world of graphic design and flash web development. Our team won various awards and loungeagency.com set a benchmark in Flash usability received international acclaim.
Our portfolio showcased such works as:
- BD4D short film "Branded"
- Various music videos including Sean Paul´s “Gimme The Light” and “Get Busy”.
- Reebok Classic print campaign
- Erik Simins online
- KidKut online
* Company / Touchpoint Technologies
* Year / 1999-2000
* Title / Junior Designer
* Location : Toronto, Ontario
Touchpoint is an industry leading Kiosk development firm. I designed kiosk interfaces for Disney World, British Petroleum, Ford Motors, Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox,
Atlanta Falcons and Barnes & Noble bookstores.
* Company / Jet Print
* Year / 1997-1999
* Title / Graphic Designer/Account Executive
* Location : Toronto, Ontario
Learned the fundamentals of the printing business and gained valuable print design experience in the corporate environment of Bay Street in Toronto, Canada.
1996 - University of Toronto - Engineering (School of Architecture) - Graduate Certificate
1998 - Seneca College - Advanced Alias Power Tools for 3D Modeling - Post Graduate Certificate.
Thornhill Secondary School + G.E.D. - High School Diploma
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!