- + Follow
Manager- ID & Innovation at Philips Lighting
NOIDA, New Delhi, India
I have high interest in the Design & development of industrial products that satisfy the user needs and add values to lives. I like to satisfy the form of needs that the users express in all functions around the product i.e. it’s branding, marketing, usability, Environment impact, re-use & End of Life -Uses.
My principle design criterion is to make the things functional, of the highest quality, innovative and with artistic and aesthetic attributes that allow the expansion of the product in the market.
Being a professional designer, my proficiency in the use of software such as SolidEdge ST4, Rhinoceros 4, UG NX8 allows me to produce design projects according to the IEC & ISO quality procedures. In addition, I also know variety of Design tools as DFMEA, QFD & IPD, used in Product development life cycle. I am capable of doing prototype making and Model making in general.
Also, one of the interesting topics of my professional interest has been the development of a company’s corporate identity, Design of logos, user manuals, & product presentations. I also do furniture and accessories as freelance service which is well described through my Work portfolio in different industries.
My main interest is to design and develop the Lighting Products including LED fittings for the business interests. I am a perfectionist and I love to dream. I speak English, Hindi, and understand Marathi & Bengali.
Manager- ID & Innovation
- Philips Lighting
- Mar 2007 - Present (6 years 9 months)
• Project Leader for IPD (Integrated Product Development):
• Product & User Analysis through in-depth Study of current market requirement & Human factors and usability.
• Industrial design expertise & responsible for New product ideation/concepts based on end user experience mapping & identifying customer aspirations for the desired product initiation.
• Conceptualizing design ideas with a keen eye on the aesthetic sensitivity through drawings, sketching/rendering skills, 3D models, 2D detailing and other CAID software tools.
• To generate design specifications needed for product development (shapes, materials, ergonomics, colors, textures, processes, manufacturing techniques, etc.)
• Design Analysis through thermal, IP & Photometric testing of Concepts for basic functions & performance.
• Development of tools required for product manufacturing through Control & Guidance to tool maker for right royal product development.
Assistant Manager- Product Design
- ACME Telepower Ltd
- Sep 2005 - Feb 2007 (1 year 5 months)
• Team Leader for Engineering and development through innovative product designing and styling.
• Design & Innovation for shelter design for quick erection and telecom equipment design for user friendliness and easy installation, i.e. Foldable Shelter.
• Design modification and new product development for PUF insulated telecom shelters.
• Customization of Telecom Shelter for export business as well local Indian customers in telecom sector.
• Project management & Design release for production.
• Innovation & creativity for new system design for Vegetable Venders, Cold storage chain system concept building. Modernization of Vegetable seller by system design for freshness and hygiene.
Sr. Design Engineer
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Dec 2003 - Sep 2005 (1 year 9 months)
• Responsible for Revenue Generation through Innovation & Design for Export and Total Cost Projects.
• Innovation Lead for the PDC Faridabad for New Concept Development.
• New Product development and customization for Export customers for Revenue Generation.
• Design Drawing through Rhinoceros and Production Drawings by using Pro-E 2000.
• Total Cost Planning ( cost reduction & value addition)
- DesmaniA Design Pvt. Ltd.
- 2003 - 2004 (1 year)
Symbiosis institute of Management Studies
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Marketing/Marketing Management, General
- 2008 - 2011
National Institute of Design
- AEP Industrial and Product Design
- 2000 - 2001
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) Mechanical Engineering
- 1996 - 2000