- + Follow
Delve Withrington, <font color="9a9a...
<font> Type Design, Typography, Custom Fonts & Typefaces in ...
Thank you for your interest in my work. I have 15 years experience designing logos, websites, print collateral, packaging, and architectural signage, with an emphasis on type design and typography.
Independent Type Design, Delve Fonts 11/08–present
Clients: Red Hat, Ascender Corp, Veer Inc, Pipperoos LLC, Ecobunga!, Saatchi & Saatchi, FontShop, Organic, HP, and TechTV
Recent projects include custom typefaces, retail typefaces, logos, toy packaging, T-shirts, websites, and books
• Released Helfa, a new text typeface with 10 styles
• Rieven Uncial by Steven Skaggs awarded Certificate of Excellence in Type Design in TDC2 2010
• Pipperoos awarded Dr. Toy’s 10 Best Creative Products of 2009
Monotype Imaging Inc., Redwood City, CA (4/04 to 11/08)
Position Held: Type Designer
Responsibilities: type development, type design, font production and process documentation.
• Co-developed and produced a new design by Robin Nicholas for the MT library.
• Developed and produced several new fonts for use in mobile devices.
• Completed OpenType Pro upgrades to several legacy font families from MT & ITC libraries.
• Created font production utilities in Python for use within FontLab
FontShop fonts and software USA, Inc., San Francisco, CA (2/01 to 11/02 and 2/04 to 4/04)
Position Held: Type Designer
Responsibilities: type design, font research, website optimization and maintenance, intranet maintenance, and process documentation.
• Brought several company publications online
• Represented FontShop at tradeshows and lecturing at schools
Zing Network, Inc., San Francisco, CA (7/99 to 12/00)
Position Held: Design/Type Director
Responsibilities: resource management, project management, process documentation & design.
• Designed company and partner network logos and websites
• Directed development of company print collateral
• Initiated and developed style guide for design dept.
• Refined and documented design process for design dept.
The Savannah College of Art and Design (1989 to 1991)
Majors: Graphic Design & Illustration
Application expertise in: FontLab, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Fontographer, MS Office, Flash, Acrobat, DreamWeaver
Authoring expertise in: Python, XML, AppleScript, HTML and CSS
Proficient on both Mac & Win platforms
"As Delve's manager for the past four-and-a-half years at Monotype Imaging, I found him to be a great guy to work with. He is dependable and very well organized. He has a good eye for design and his technical expertise gives him an edge over other creative designers. I would highly recommend Delve to anyone in the font industry." November 13, 2008
Jim Wasco, Manager Font Production, Monotype Imaging
managed Delve at Monotype Imaging
"Not only is Delve a highly skilled creative designer, he is also well organized and conscientious in his work. On top of that, he is personable and strives to get along with everyone." November 12, 2008
Kamal Mansour, Manager, Non-Latin Products, Monotype Imaging
worked with Delve at Monotype Imaging
“It was a joy to have Delve work for FontShop in San Francisco for a couple of years in 2001. He was always well-balanced, helpful and polite with a natural curiosity to learn and to better his craft. I can thoroughly recommend him and am sure he would make a fine addition to any type-related companies or projects." January 11, 2009
Joan Spiekermann, Owner, FontShop fonts and software USA
managed Delve at FontShop
"Delve is a valuable asset to any design team. He brings to the table a variety of skills that he incorporates into the execution of quality design solutions. Delve also has a stellar mature and friendly attitude and handles all situations in a mature and responsible fashion. I recommend him highly." February 22, 2009
- Angelique Pendley , Creative Director , Zing Network, Inc.
managed Delve at Zing Network, Inc.
Savannah College of Art and Design