Freelance Illustration and graphic design.
Also co-founder and designer of urban streetwear label thirstclothing.
English / Spanish
1992-94 Stafford College: BTEC National Diploma in General Art & Design.
1994-97 University Of Derby: BA Honors Degree in Graphic Design. (2.1).
1998 Wulfrun College: Desktop publishing with Quark XPress.
2001 Harlequin Training Centre: Adobe Illustrator.
2004/05 Official School of Languages – Tarragona: Level 3 Spanish.
I have 11 years studio experience.
DESIGNEDBYSKIN: DECEMBER 07 - PRESENT
- I.D. for House Producer Mastiksoul (WIP).
- I.D. & Website for 4Kenzo Recordings (WIP).
- A Life Well Spent! Collection of watercolour paintings (WIP).
- Pacha: Promotional material including flyers, posters, street posters and tickets.
- Dual Manufacturing Limited: Corporate rebrand including logo, stationary and website.
- Designedbyskin.com: Rebrand of my freelance Identity incorporating illustration services.
- T-26 Font Foundry: Typeface design. Anglegrinder Light, Regular & Bold.
- Graniph Tokyo: Typographic illustration used for a print run of 1000 T-shirts and published in the 3rd edition of the graniph magazine.
- Thirstclothing: Ongoing brand identity (inc. adverts, website (WIP), Catalogues, packaging and labelling), development of graphics & garment details for clothing collection.
- Gemsgems Jewellery & Accessories: Ongoing brand identity (inc. adverts, website (WIP), packaging and labelling). www.gems-gems.com.
GRAFIKSUBSTANCE: MARCH 03 - NOVEMBER 07
- Random House Publishing: Logo identity for a series of Manga Books called Tanoshimi.
- T-26 Font Foundry: Typeface design. Klunk Regular / Bold (Featured in Computer Arts - Sept 07).
- Thirstclothing: Full brand identity (inc. adverts, website (WIP), Catalogues, packaging and labelling), development of graphics & garment details for clothing collection.
- Gemsgems Jewellery & Accessories: Full brand identity (inc. adverts, website (WIP), packaging and labelling). www.gems-gems.com.
- Tarragona Port Services: Print design.
- Patronat De Turisme: Exhibition design.
SILENT COMMUNICATIONS: AUGUST 02 - MARCH 03.
Working closely with a Programmer, i was responsible for the re-design and styling of the company website.
CODEMASTERS SOFTWARE COMPANY: 2000 - 2002
Middleweight designer working on all printed material for the release of video games on PC/PlayStation/Xbox consoles. My responsibilities were to take projects from brief through to final artwork, present concepts to Directors and Marketing teams, attend creative studio meetings and liaise with printers and external contacts. This position provided me with a wealth of experience working for a large high profile company.
CREATION DESIGN & MARKETING: 1998 - 2000
Junior Designer for a corporate based design agency. I worked across a full range of graphics for print including brochures, corporate I.D´s, exhibition stands, direct mail, flyers, posters and advertising. My responsibilities included taking projects from brief through to final artwork, liaising with clients and participation in creative team sessions/brainstorming.
BLUEPRINT DESIGN: FEBRUARY 98 - AUGUST 98
Work experience in which i worked on various forms of design including posters, flyers, logo design and brochures. The job served as a great chance to learn the design process. I was also encouraged to prepare the artwork on small projects under supervision.
PROGRAMMES / SYSTEMS
Adobe Photoshop Cs3 / Adobe Illustrator Cs3 / Adobe Indesign Cs3 / Adobe Acrobat Cs3 / Adobe After Effects 7 / Freehand Mx / Fontlab / MacOSX / Windows