- + Follow
Diana Andrea Guzmán Valencia
I possess a multidisciplinary background in design, including a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design and a Master’s Degree in Urban and Landscape Design, Architecture and Urban Planning. To compliment this knowledge, I have also developed my skills towards Graphic Design and Project Management. This wide knowledge in design allows me to have a holistic mind, making analytical connections through different disciplines, and being able to communicate using different languages and tools within a multidisciplinary team.
In addition, I can contribute to your design culture with my multicultural living experience and education that has broadened my vision and appreciation towards different cultures. This has enabled me to incorporate these experiences into various aspects of the design process; such as innovation strategies, user’s demographics, new technologies, sustainable design and ergonomics.
Windows and Macintosh platforms.
Software: Solid Works, KeyShot, Pro-Engineer, AutoCAD, Artlantis, SketchUp Pro, Cinema 4D, Form Z, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, FreeHand, Acrobat Designer, Microsoft Project, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Windows Movie Maker and Google Earth. Ability to learn other 3D modeling and image processing software.
- Designed services for individuals and companies in Industrial Design, Urban Design, Landscape Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Architecture, Urban Planning, Project Management and Marketing
- Designed retail, custom and modular exhibits
- Performed market trend research and developed presentations
- Taught industrial design methodologies through lessons and workshops
- Conducted design revisions
- Performed students evaluations and grading
- Designed and redesigned of new and existing products for manufacturing in mass production
- Developed and presented concepts to upper management
- Developed: instruction manuals, packaging design, spec sheets and fixtures certifications
- Collaborated with: sales, management, graphic and shop departments
- Communicated with manufacturers in China
- Performed quality control
- Translated company’s documents into French and Spanish
- Custom designed water features in architectural projects
- Cooperated with mechanical engineer and architect
- Collaborated with sales, administration and shop departments
- Communicated with customers and manufacturers
- Researched parts and materials from different companies
- Prepared bill of materials and purchase request documents
- Performed quality control
- Assisted in design and management of organization strategies to improve overall efficiency in the company
Master validated and awarded by the University of Wales, Cardiff, U.K.