- + Follow
Owner & Surface Designer of Diane Kappa Designs, LLC
Diane Kappa is an internationally recognized surface designer, and CEO of Diane Kappa Designs. With a background in fashion design, and a career spanning nearly two decades, her work fuses tradition with contemporary sensibilities. Her licensed designs have been translated into an extensive portfolio spanning apparel, home furnishings, stationery and more. Finding inspiration wherever she goes, Diane is constantly experimenting with fresh patterns and bold colors. From national retailers to boutiques, manufacturers and design firms, Diane’s commitment to her clients’ success is deeply entwined with her vision to render beauty onto surfaces.
Fabric Collection with David Textiles
The beginning of something special.
Photo albums and journals with Enchante
• Licensing artist for multiple product categories ranging from fabrics, stationery, wall coverings and home accessories.
• David Textiles
• Keka Case
• Madison Park Group - Ipop
• Split P
• Collaboration with clients from concept to production.
• Original design development as well as preparing production-ready files for manufacturing.
• Work directly with the manufacturer to approve samples, conduct quality control and expedite production.
• Before + Again
• Romelli Design
GROUP FOUR DESIGN STUDIO
• Create original artwork primarily for textiles (apparel and home furnishings) and paper products.
• Forecast and create original textile designs for customers across multiple Nordstrom brands and translate seasonal trends for each brands’ identity
• Manage CAD Studio: training, evaluation, implementation and testing CAD (computer assisted design) software. Direct workflow and accuracy of Textile Designers
• Advise management on multiple projects such as writing job descriptions and building career path for Nordstrom Textile Designers
• Created “Print Far”- a strategic revenue-producing and cost-savings business initiative; created 200 original pieces of artwork per year using existing design resources; brands adopted 95% of artwork
• Instructed Design-a-Line and Portfolio Design
• Instructed Portfolio Design
• Designed original art for screens, appliqués, patches, prints and plaids
• Coordinated artwork with international manufacturers; improved print execution and strike off approval
• Developed concept boards and presented to buyers; increased collection orders and retail sales
• Assisted Product Manager with design of Men’s and Women’s clothing line
• Responsible for all design aspects including, illustrations, color approvals, specifications, fittings and creation of wholesale catalogue for buyer presentation
• Coordinated international/domestic manufacturing
• Designed prints for full-figure women’s line
• Collaborated with design team to develop a cohesive collection
• Improved efficiency in lead times by creating systems such as product tracking and electronic file transfer to international manufacturers
• Successfully secured 80,000 USD for additional CAD system