I am a botanical artist and textile designer.
I have been a professional designer in textile world for over 15 years. I have recently returned to doing what I love the most, hand rendered artwork and designs.
At my studio,Dishragstudio, I am creating botanical artwork. I do renderings in watercolor, gouache, graphite/pencil silverpoint and hand pulled block prints.
I am also creating hand printed eco friendly flour sack tea towels. Each design is from my artwork which I then carve into linoleum blocks.I then hand print with 100% solvent free inks onto flour sack tea towels, cards, tote bags etc.
Specialize in; Botanical Illustration, hand rendering, gouache, watercolor, pencil,silverpoint.
Hand rendered textile illustrations
Hand printed eco friendly products for the home
At Dishragstudio I create hand printed eco friendly flour sack tea towels.
Each design is from my own artwork, which I hand carve into linoleum blocks.
I then use the blocks to hand print the tea towels with 100% solvent free inks.
The beauty of hand printing is that each print is unique.
Specialize in hand rendering Botanical Illustration and Linoleum Block Printing
* Eco friendly hand printed flour sack tea towels
* Hand pulled /hand printed cards
* Line will include; tote bags, table runners, table cloths
Donnett Vanek Designs
A freelance design service that specializes in original
artwork for the textile/home/apparel and craft industries.
Town & Country Linen Corp.,Westrimcrafts/Creativity Inc.,
American Dawn, Saro Trading Company
2005 – 2012
Specialize in hand rendering and BotanicaI Illustration
• Creates artwork in gouache or illustrator
• Excellent rendering/design skills
• Meets tight production deadlines
• Design style ranges from traditional to contemporary
Barth and Dreyfuss
A design house that specialized in home textiles
Target, Walmart, Mervyn’s, Khol’s, K-mart
2000 – 2005
• Responsible for new designs and artwork
• Color separation
• Lines included kitchen, bed and bath
Patch Magic Inc.
A design house that specializes in appliquéd quilts.
Folio/Homes, Northwest Express, Country Sampler,
National Wildlife foundation
Highland Village, TX
1997 – 1999
• Developed fourteen new quilt lines
• Responsible for design through finished product
Education Cal State Northridge, CA Fiber arts/textile design emphasis