I’m Deepti Patel, graphic designer. I create brand identities that position my clients above their competitors, ultimately increasing client profits. Companies I’ve worked with include the American Academy of Dermatology, Lake County Forest Preserves, Whirlpool, GE, Meijer, and Abbott Labs, to name few.
My clients enjoy working with me because I am honest, creative and I listen to their requirements and draw value added results to their product.
Objective: To work in an environment that is based on sound strategic thinking, that fosters creativity at all levels, and builds teams.
• Expert in all Adobe CS45, Quark XPress, Dreamweaver, Micorsoft Office and Flash.
GRAPHIC CREATIONS, Mundelein, Illinois
• Develop visual Concepts and Designs for client, lead those ideas to execution for sales materials and promotional advertising.
• Media planning and publish print advertisement in publications
• Create conceptual ideas for direct mail, display ads, collateral, sell sheets, print advertising, catalog and packaging. Develop these ideas into designs and coordinate efforts with vendors as needed to print, publish, mail and create large prints.
• Manage web site development, lay strategic plans using Google Adworks, Social Media sites to promote client initiatives.
• Use of Web marketing tools to create search engine optimization
• Responsible for Web development and collaborating all design solutions to meet both Web and Print output
• Write and develop brand standards for web and print, increase brand awareness across all media for The American Academy of Dermatology
• Solicit new clients, and maintain existing client relationships
• Work with copywriters and freelance designers to execute and plan work.
Accounts include: Allstate Financial, The American Academy of Dermatology, Linda Mickey, Lake County Forest Preserves and Holiday Inn.
JOHNSON-RAUHOFF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS INC. St. Joseph, Michigan,
1994 - Dec. 2002
Director of New Media, Jan. 2000 - present
• Responsible for profitability of the Design Production and New Media business unit, which includes meeting client and corporate goals and objectives.
• Develop with creative team strategic plans, site architecture, digital work-flows and processes for high-tech driven accounts.
• Manage a department team of 30 plus direct reports and a budget of 10 million dollars
• Managed project work plans, hired freelancers as needed, and oversee vendor client relationships for printing and new business
• Develop with design team event planning tactics to meet client objectives of brand awareness.
• Develop estimates, budgets and manage all day today departmental activities and revenue of 10 M dollars
• Broaden customer base, develop client partnerships, account and production group structure, analysis and measurement of programs.
• Develop business plan and lead efforts in developing sales tools for Digital Media, goal to meet company objective of increasing sales by 23% by year-end.
• Form alliances with vendors to achieve effective business solutions.
• Coordinate placement of Ad in various publications
• Develop with design team site promotion tactics to promote client Web site and e-commerce functions.
• Responsible for 12 employees: goal setting, performance appraisal, training and career mapping.
Accounts include: Johnson Controls, Ross Products Division, Hamilton Beach/Proctor Silex, Lakeland Regional Hospital
URL's: www.homelink.com www.hamiltonbeach.com/hb/ www.lakelandhealth.org www.glucerna.com, www.walmart.com (database-driven electronic asset management)
Director of Retail Design Production, 1997-2000
• Manage costs and sales for Production department, and develop alliance with vendors for accounts, as a result improve gross profit margins.
• Manage retail clients and all aspects of Catalog production, from concept and photography to production and print.
• Develop and implement new processes that improve efficiency and productivity, as a result achieve 55% reduction in base cost within 10 months and increase productivity by reorganization of teams.
• Manage operations and all aspects of production (position as zero cost department) for Web, Interactive and print media.
• Managed teams to achieve maximum performance from employees while retaining
90% utility rate.
• Oversee complete design and production from concept to final output of all print and digital media materials.
• Coordinate printing and distribution of Catalogs
• Oversee planning and managing of promotional material programs and event planning.
• Develop and manage documentation for ISO 9001 certification.
Accounts include: General Electric, Johnson Controls, Ross Products, Upjohn Pharmaceuticals, Jack in the Box, Bosch, Hamilton Beach/Proctor Silex, Leiner, Tree of Life, Whirlpool
Graphic Production Manager, 1994-1997
- Streamline processes, which reduced both cost, and turnaround time by 60% on average
- Increased overall quality standards and productivity of department while reducing number of production errors to less than .03% annually
Accounts include: General Electric, Ross Products, Upjohn Pharmaceuticals, Bosch, Hamilton Beach/Proctor Silex, Leiner, Tree of Life, Viking, Amway, Whirlpool and LG Electronics
Prior experience includes 4 years at Oscars Printing, St. Joseph, Michigan as Art Director
Education: Electronic Publishing, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan
B.A., Graphic Design, Major: Marketing and Graphic Design, University of Baroda, India.
Dale Carnegie – Business Management Certification Course completed
Work In process – PMI certification for Project Management.
Affiliations: Dynamic Resources- A Women’s Networking Group, President
GLMV Chamber of Commerce, Member
Women’s Coalition Group in Lake County, Board Member
Recommendations and Profile