I came to the US from Japan with a wide range of experience in industrial design, to advance as a industrial designer. I am willing to relocate to further my opportunities in this field.
Being an adaptable industrial designer with varied experience in products made of metal, plastic, and wood. I have participated in every aspect of product development from researching to engineering. I can offer clever, innovative stylistic design coupled with a rich knowledge of product development.
[ WORK EXPERIENCE ]
Senior Industrial Designer
- Design furniture and consumer electronics
- Design furniture and consumer electronics:
Herman Miller SAYL Chair, AEsir Phone, HBF C-Collection, DirecTV Sat-Go, New Jawbone, Danese Kada and Farallon...
Industrial Design Intern
- Designed furniture and consumer electronics
2004, Suguru Design Inc.
- Designed architectural hardware
- Designed and built official website
1999-2004, Naka Corporation, Technical Laboratory
Product Developer (Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering)
- Developed and improved architectural hardware:
Handrails, safety grab bars, balcony railings, mailboxes, stair nosings, and escape ladders
- Reviewed and Re-create Standard Color Scheme
(35 colors over 15 product groups)
- Organized a Design Competition
- Led Showroom Renovation
1997-2000, Agenda Co., Ltd.
Freelance Work for Illustrations
- Designed 2D and 3D illustrations for New Year card creation software, Atena Shokunin
1997-1998, Arm Design Co., Ltd.
Freelance Work for Industrial Design
- Designed suitcases, air conditioners, and ventilation hatches
1997, Db-Soft Co., Ltd.
Freelance Work for Computer Graphics
- Designed web graphics: clipart images, icons, buttons, lines and backgrounds, for website development software, Hotal
[ EDUCATION ]
1997-1999, Sapporo School of the Arts, Advanced Course for Graduates, Department of Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Design in Industrial Design
1997-1999, The University of the Air, Concentration in Industrial Design
1992-1997, Sapporo School of the Arts, Department of Industrial Design
- Associate of Design in Industrial Design
[ SKILLS ]
- 2D rendering and drawing using Illustrator and Photoshop
- 3D rendering using Shade Professional
- Excellent manual foam modeling
- Operating various metal and wood working machines and hand tools
- Engineering designing using AutoCAD and Mechanical Desktop
- Wide engineering knowledge of metal, plastic, wood, and coating
- Hands-on knowledge of engineering testing of strength, coating, and weather resistance
- Designing and developing websites
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in Japanese (native) and advanced English
[ Exhibition ]
- "California College of the Arts at 100", San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, USA, 2007
- "Tokyo Designer's week 2001", Tokyo, Japan
- "Sapporo School of the Arts Exhibition of Graduation Work 1999", Sapporo, Japan
- "Sapporo School of the Arts Exhibition of Graduation Work 1997", Sapporo, Japan
- "Sapporo Art Annual", Recent Gallery, Sapporo, Japan,1996