- + Follow
Project Designer- Consumer goods and Toy
Los Angeles, CA
I have over 10 years experience in the toy industry and strive to make innovative and design savy toys. I have worked for companies such as Mattel, Playmates Toys, Equity Marketing and Spin Master. My strengths are in design management, creating new intellectual properties and innovating existing brands. I have a strong understanding of product development, costing and project managing. Designing and collecting toys is just what I do!
Small Doll and Playsets
My Art and Sketches
Design Manager/ Project Designer- Girls Small Dolls and New Opportunities
Spin Master Toys – 2010 to Present
Recruited to develop, design and launch new girls’ properties within the Spin master portfolio. Promptly helped develop a new “princess” segment in the Zoobles line to build on the core themes for girls. Successfully worked with the team to develop a new small dolls line that will be launching this Fall.
- Designed the TV promoted Princess Castle playset for the Zoobles line.
- Executed multiple new concepts and innovative ideas that lead to the new line being launched by Spin Master in the Fall.
- Initiated brainstorms and art shows for the development of new intellectual properties and to generate ideas for existing brands.
- Traveled to Hong Kong and China to ensure product development was on cost and on schedule.
Co-Owner / Designer and Artist
Honey Tree Store -2010 to present
My partner and I established a craft co-op that brings designers and artists together. We sell handmade and custom goods at various conventions and craft shows. Honey Tree promotes local artists and coordinates local pop up art shows in the Los Angeles area.
- Participated in Various conventions and craft shows: including Pink Parlour, Designer Con, Comikaze, Patchwork Festival and more.
- Coordinated and recruited over 40 designers and artists to participate in Westchester’s “Mashed potatoes and Gravy” and “Retroholic” pop up art shows. The events were mentioned in L.A. Weekly ‘s Top 10 things to do in Los Angeles.
Senior Designer / Polly Pocket and Monster high
Mattel – 2008-2010
Hired to develop innovative concepts that fit within the Polly portfolio- “making the ordinary extraordinary.” A member of the team that launched Monster High dolls and accessories.
- Collaborated with DC comics and Masters of the Universe to create a exclusive Polly pocket that was sold at San Diego Comic con in 2010 and 2011.
- Designed, Developed and executed 4 advertized playsets : Ice Cream Water Park, Polly’s Jet, Polly’s Boat and Tour Bus.
- Brainstormed and created new Accessories for the Monster high toy Line.
- 3rd place in the “New Next Now” competition for new toy concepts - Concept was chosen from over 80 design concepts. Presented and pitched concept to CAA (Created Artist Agency) in Los Angeles.
Project Manager/ Girls
Playmates toys from 2004 to 2008
Hired to design and develop new concepts for the Playmates Girls portfolio. Successfully launched 5 new brands: Strawberry shortcake, Struts, the Amazing Line, Rainbow Brite, Kinder- Garden babies.
- Designed new concepts for the existing Water Babies line that included glitter babies and the Licensed character babies : Pooh, Sponge bob, Sesame Street.
- Re-launched Strawberry shortcake with a new look and new play patterns. Developed Hair features and playsets for the Strawberry world.
- Collaborated with DIC and American Greetings to Launch Rainbow Brite in a new fashion doll scale.
- Managed a team of designers to create the Struts Fashion horse doll line. Partnered with seamstresses, model makers, designers and the brand team to ensure high quality of product.
- Created budgets for development cost, organized design work loads, worked with planners to develop schedules for development.
Skills- Drawing, Brainstorming, Photoshop, illustrator, Microsoft office
Certification, South Coast College- Santa Ana, Ca - Trend Forecasting
BFA, Otis College of Art and Design- Toy Design
El Camino College- Fine Arts
Otis College of Art and Design, El Camino College, Orange Coast College