- + Follow
St Paul, MN
Versatile graphic designer experienced in producing a broad range of visually compelling and effective graphic communications to fulfill client objectives.
Identity Systems and Branding Collateral
- Mac/PC proficient
- Adobe CS 5.5: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook, Excel
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Constant Contact
- Promotional and marketing materials: catering/menu guides, annual reports, invitations, brochures, posters, banners, postcards, car wraps, programs, web graphics and web page updates
- Identity/branding system creation and implementation: logos, stationery, presentation templates, marketing materials
- Brand/imaging standards manual creation and management
- Publishing: book layouts, book covers, pre-press file prep, design and prototype creation, display ad design, photo retouching, newspaper pagination
Graphic Designer • ARAMARK Higher Education • Minneapolis, MN • April 2012 – January 2013
Collaborated with marketing managers in graphic design development and implementation of revenue driving initiatives for University Dining Services serving the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Landscape Arboretum and TCF Bank Stadium. Managed design and print production of logos, retail and environmental signage, branding, advertising and campaigns, brochures and related print collateral, sales proposals, catering/menu guides, web graphics and newsletters.
- Implemented new process for proofing external design products, eliminating redundancies and improving overall efficiency
- Revised student meal plan and retail sales materials and implemented direct marketing to educate parents, students and other potential customers, increasing sales
- Developed uniform branding approach for the new academic year voluntary meal plan and FlexDine sales promotional materials for the Midwest region to increase sales
- Increased visibility and recognition of the University Dining Services brand by revising and improving standardized promotional materials throughout the university system
Graphic Design Specialist • LifeSource, St Paul, MN 55114 • April 2006 - present
Efficiently administered creative design projects in support of ongoing marketing initiatives to increase organ donation designation and awareness. Sustained high-performance design production focused on collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Managed design, production and printing for all communications materials and develop design themes for all major initiatives and annual events, including print, electronic and web
- Developed and managed identity systems, successfully re-branding internal and external company image to reflect realigned mission and vision
- Managed external vendor relationships to expand quality while maximizing company resources, resulting in major department cost savings
- Created new company standards, templates and usage manuals across a variety of communication platforms
- Redesigned public education kiosks, car wrap designs, grant partnership identity systems and stakeholder email newsletters to increase community presence
Freelance Graphic Design
• George: Purpose, People Performance, Ltd., Eagan, MN 2011 - 2012: Designed logo and workbook theme template layouts around SPARK theme for corporate consulting workshops.
• Hats & Mittens, Deephaven, MN 55331, 2007 - present: Designed and produced the invitation package for annual charity gala benefiting children in need.
• National Lutheran Choir, Minneapolis, MN, Spring 2011: Designed and produced invitation package for 25th anniversary charity gala
• The Belgian’s BBQ Sauce, Faribault, MN, 2011: Logo design, brand theme and layout for series of bottle labels
Electronic Book Layout • F&W Publications, Iola, WI 54990 • September 2004 - April 2006
Collaborated with editors and marketing team, to develop and produce over 16 book layout themes for craft project and collectibles books. Assisted photo styling with editors and photography departments. Prepared and proofed files with pre-press. Created line art illustrations to reflect craft project book step by step instructions.
Web Design Internship • Oregon Zoo, Portland, OR 97221 • March 2004 - June 2004
Designed web graphics and built simple web pages promoting the Summer Concert Series. Updated events and promotions web pages for the Zoo's external website. Designed postcard promoting new Eagle Canyon exhibit opening.
Volunteer Graphic Design • Sexual Assault Resource Center, Portland, OR 97225 • October 2003 - July 2004
Redesigned SARC image and self promotional collateral including logo, letterhead, brochures and business cards on a volunteer basis.
Graphic Artist • News-Herald, Marshfield, WI 54449 • August 2000 - September 2002
Coordinated with creative team and sales representatives to develop and design ad sales promotions, spec ads, display ads and graphics. Scanned and retouched photos and ad slicks. Paginated daily newspaper and real estate publications.
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point - Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design • 1999
Mount Hood Community College - Gresham, Oregon • AAS, Web Design • 2004