- + Follow
Over 20 years experience in experiential design. Strong design skills, proficiency in a wide range of computer design applications and multi-platform abilities. Noted for my ability to complete designs on time with high level detail and quality in addition to some sales as well as field work/I & D supervision.
Zildjian - NAMM
Etonic - PGA
* Created and managed design team and environment geared towards achieving and exceeding company goals. * Heavy research, business lead development, recruiting, hiring, training, and budgetary responsibilities. * Spearheaded new business development for company into growing Houston, Texas market. Formulated and executed concise plan to expand operations into valuable and growing area. * Assisted sales and design team with achieving closing ratio above 80% of prospective design.
* Designed new trade show exhibit for Avedis Zildjian. Assessed personalities, corporate history, target audience and marketing plan of client to transform space and environment. * Utilized architecture, graphics and lit multimedia to create specific environment in line with company standards. * Developed new design techniques and standards for presentation implemented procedures still actively used present day by in house and contract personnel. * Met deadlines and budgetary constraints renewed popular image of client and increased company sales. * Company sales closure rate surpassed 85% during employment time period.
* Designed new and rental trade show exhibits assisted in start up which emerged into a regional powerhouse. * Utilized high quality design, construction knowledge, problem solving abilities and rendering skills. * Managed projects from ideation through show I&D created seamless communication pipeline which enhanced client relationship and attendee experience. * Helped company sales grow from $3 million to $7 million, allowing Planview to expand to Southern California.
* Assisted in the emergence of the Exhibit Design Division within company. * Worked closely with national program developers to design and implement software routines for AutoCAD and design S.O.P. with 3D Studio Max and VIZ. * Developed three dimensional libraries to be used throughout company creating levels of consistency for designers, and allowing for growth in company market share.
* In charge of reviving sales for 8 store region. Replaced ineffective personnel, trained new hires, and developed and implemented training program for all employees. * Tailored new marketing plan to each demographic area while formulating and executing new practices and procedures. * Used leadership, guidance and inspiration to encourage managers to build and train their store personnel. * Oversaw quality control and store inventory practices. * Results from effort increased sales up to and exceeding 100% in stores within 30 days. Sustained region wide growth of 25% over one year, and increased sales in 8 store region within one quarter.
* Responsible for implementing DisplayWorks operational processes assisted CEO in almost all aspects of facility operations. * Managed project process from design through load out, resulting in a notably more efficient Sales Staff and ultimate increase in company revenue. * Most recently spearheaded DisplayWorks expansion into Texas. Directly in charge of facilitating opening of 64,000 square foot, fully staffed, full service exhibit facility. * Duties included scouting locations, assisting with lease negotiations, and constructing operations team. * Identify sales targets, develop and implement sales strategy. * Company opening goals met in less than 2 months from when venture began.
* Established and grew design business despite declining economy. * Leveraged previous relationships and capabilities, facilitating strong strategic partnerships. * Used experience and skills to consult client exhibit houses while keeping costs competitive within strict budgets and timelines. * Developed advanced methods to increase product quality and efficiency, resulting in clients experiencing higher level of design and presentation.
* Responsible for develop and implement design standard operating procedures. * Managed project process from design through load out, resulting in a notably more efficient project flow and ultimate increase in company profitability. * Manage design staff and workload, establishing an efficient project path. * Assist sales team to identify weaknesses within the sales and design, resulting in higher win ratios, sales volume, and profitability. * Company achieved the highest sales volume in its history withing the first 12 months of employment. * Redesigned Corporate Office space and expansion.
Member Tau Alpha Pi - National Honor Society of Engineers, 1993 - present