Abdoolally Ebrahim Group is a 168 years old company established in Hong Kong since 1842. Our group is engaged in House ware, Textiles and Commodities trading. Our head office is based in Hong Kong and we have several branch offices located in various cities of China, Indian Subcontinent, and Malaysia.
Product Development Manager
The House wares business is a design lead ODM & OEM company providing innovative stylish and exclusive solutions to our clients. As part of a planned business expansion programme, we are now inviting high caliber candidate with extensive knowledge & skills to join us as Product Development Manager to support the continued development of new food preparation and cooking products.
Are you ready to contribute your passion and self-motivated focus to a wide variety of design and product development? AE Group invites applicants whose exceptional creativity can flourish in a team environment that thrives on meeting significant challenges and breaking with tradition. You must have a deep passion for creating and developing new, innovative and breakthrough designs that meet the evolving needs of our clients.
Main duties/Job scope:
• Mentoring and Motivating the team of designers & engineers while being open to new innovation and responsive to design management
• Provide design direction, guidelines and instructions to his team to develop designs and sketches into 2D & 3D drawings for optimized manufacturing
• Support development engineers in production of product tooling.
• Identify product design strategy, develop and launch new housewares products aligned with Corporate strategy in order to increase sales, profit and facilitate market expansion
• Conduct product development and trend study, evaluate and develop new potential customers and products to make sure products are developed in the correct direction
• Coordinate closely with Business Units, QA, Designer and Engineering teams in product design from preliminary concept/prototype into marketable product designs, and ensure that designs are complied with international regulations and standard
• Ensure efficient and profitable management of the product development process including supplier liaison, price negotiation, innovating packaging, cost management, marketing and establishing operational and merchandising guidelines
• Master / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline with an MBA a definite plus;
• At least 10 years solid experience in product development field with 3 years in managerial role.
• Experience in leading designers and engineers ;
• Hardcore skill in Product Design & Development with excellent leadership & supervisory skill
• Sound knowledge in product development, product/graphic design, familiar with engineering and production process, preferably with experiences in house wares industries. Experience in stainless steel kitchenware and house wares items is a definite advantage;
• Strong negotiation skills with a good analytical mind and business planning abilities
• Working independently, taking up multi tasks, self-motivating and able to meet tight deadlines
• Willing to learn, responsible, creative, sensible, good team player with positive attitude
• Fluent in spoken and written English, Chinese and Mandarin
• Familiar with both Chinese and Western culture
(All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only)
We offer attractive remuneration package to the right candidate, e.g. 5 days work, staff medical benefit, study allowance etc. Interested parties, please send your application with current and expected salary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org