I have experience designing a wide variety of consumer electronics and lifestyle products. I am currently employed as a CAD Modeler at Oakley. Please feel free to contact me for any freelance CAD design developement work.
CAD Modeler, Design Engineer
- Oct 2011 - Present (2 years 2 months)
- Design and draft various project components utilizing Pro Engineer.
- Design 3d models to include complex design features to visualize and portray all required features to control Form, Fit, Function and interchangeability of commodities as required.
- Work closely with designers and engineers during design phase to understand scope of project information to determine design basis, data and drafting needs and guidelines for the project. After needs are determined, set up model files and quality control measures when relating to CAD standards.
- Assist in training programs related to current/new releases of CAD and technical analysis / design software and assist in reviewing new upgrades/releases of software.
- Work with engineers to resolve production problems.
- Solteras Inc.
- Apr 2007 - Aug 2011 (4 years 4 months)
- Conduct market research and ergonomic studies and use case scenario research for new products
- Generate concepts for various consumer electronics including on-ear headphones, in-ear headphones, noise-canceling headphones, desktop speakers, portable speakers, gaming console adapters, and various audio accessories for Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, JBL, Roxy, Vizio, and Nox Audio
- Convert hand sketches to accurate 3D CAD models with complex surfaces for realistic rendering and multiple part assemblies
- Create specific color and material finishes meeting customer’s needs
- Create/design a new brand name/logo with a consistent family of consumer products
- Contribute to all areas of Industrial Design/Graphic Design/Prototype Modeling/ Creative Strategy phases of projects while collaborating with Project Managers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Acoustical Engineers
Contract Design Consultant
- Dream Wireless
- May 2011 - Aug 2011 (3 months)
Freelance design including:
- Ideation and concept sketches for multi-media handheld device accessories.
- 2D Photoshop renderings of concepts
California State University-Long Beach
- BS Industrial Design
- 2002 - 2007