- + Follow
Director of Product Engineering at Gar Products
You have to love what you do.
High quality wood chair manufacturer providing seating for hospitality and restaurant industry. Client list including Marriott, Pret A Manger, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Red Robin, PF Chang's, Darden Restaurants.
- Provide concept drawings, renderings, production drawings and production quality sample chairs for clients based on their specifications.
- Review samples and production parts from overseas and domestic factories or in house production quality control, including travel to vendors to review when necessary.
- Manage, set up production machining and schedule custom carpentry department, handling orders up to 300 pieces.
- Value stream map operations to produce components most efficiently, plan the manufacturing process of custom projects, establish routings for MO population and scheduling.
Provide high quality prototypes mainly in the product design field. Capabilities include machining, fabrication, sculpting, painting, molds and castings, 3D printing, SLA.
- Design and accurately build or modify 3D models from existing 2D information for product design firms, engineering companies and independent inventors. Troubleshoot file errors in SolidWorks and Rhino.
- Manage model building from initial drawings to finished painting, providing detailed drawings, color maps and specifications to machinists and fabricators.
- Prepare electronic files to be CNC machined, rapid prototyped or hand fabricated by processing files, creating fixtures and generating detailed drawings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and manage SLA, silk screening, graphic transfers and sheet metal purchasing.
- Aid students in fabrication through suggesting specific materials and processes or demonstrating proper techniques
- Maintain shop power tools; occasionally required to fabricate custom parts to modify existing machinery
- Ensure safety of students while maintaining quality of workspace