- + Follow
Director of Product Engineering at Gar Products
You have to love what you do.
Coffee Shop Concept
High quality wood chair manufacturer providing seating for hospitality and restaurant industry. Client list including Marriott, Pret A Manger, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Red Robin, PF Chang's.
- Provide concept drawings, renderings, production drawings and production quality sample chairs for clients based on their specifications.
- Review samples and production parts from overseas and domestic factories or in house production quality control, including travel to vendors to review when necessary.
- Manage, set up production machining and schedule custom carpentry department, handling orders up to 250 pieces.
-Value stream map every operation needed to produce components to most efficiently plan the manufacturing process of custom projects.
Provide high quality prototypes mainly in the product design field. Capabilities include machining, fabrication, sculpting, painting, molds and castings, 3D modeling.
- Design and accurately build or modify 3D models from existing 2D information for product design firms, engineering companies and independent inventors.
- Manage model building from initial drawings to finished painting, providing detailed drawings, color maps and specifications to machinists and fabricators.
- Prepare electronic files to be CNC machined, rapid prototyped or hand fabricated by processing files, creating fixtures and generating detailed drawings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and manage SLA, silk screening, graphic transfers and sheet metal purchasing.
- Responsible for opening and closing store several days a week
- Guide customers to ideal selection based on their specific needs while maintaining a friendly shopping environment
- Designate jobs to co-workers and oversee execution of specific tasks
- Aid students in fabrication through suggesting specific materials and processes or demonstrating proper techniques
- Maintain shop power tools; occasionally required to fabricate custom parts to modify existing machinery
- Ensure safety of students while maintaining quality of workspace