- + Follow
Director of Product Engineering at Gar Products
Working at a model maker has taught me a great deal about prototype manufacturing and client relationships. The knowledge I am accumulating is helping me serve a key role in the prototyping process.
Director of Product Engineering
- GAR Products
- Lakewood Township, NJ
- Jan 2012 - Present (1 year 11 months)
High quality chair manufacturer providing seating for hospitality and restaurant industry. Client list including Marriott, Pret A Manger, Ruth's Chris Steak House and PF Chang's.
- Provide concept drawings, renderings and prototype chairs for clients based on their specifications.
- Create manufacturing quality drawings for both overseas factories and in house production.
- Troubleshoot problems within the factory to keep production flowing efficiently.
SolidWorks Operator / Designer
- Harry Shaw Model Maker
- Sep 2007 - Jan 2012 (4 years 4 months)
Provide high quality prototypes mainly in the product design field. Capabilities include machining, fabrication, sculpting, painting, molds and casting, 3D modeling.
- Design and accurately build or modify 3D models from existing 2D information for product design firms, engineering companies and independent inventors.
- Manage model building from initial drawings to finished painting, providing detailed drawings, color maps and specifications to machinists and fabricators.
- Prepare electronic files to be CNC machined, rapid prototyped or hand fabricated by processing files, creating fixtures and generating dimensioned drawings.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and manage outside SLA, silk screening, graphic transfers and sheet metal purchasing.
- Rutgers Wine & Liquor
- Mar 2003 - May 2007 (4 years 2 months)
- Responsible for opening and closing store several days a week
- Guide customers to ideal selection based on their specific needs while maintaining a friendly shopping environment
- Designate jobs to co-workers and oversee execution of specific tasks
Smith House Shop Monitor
- Philadelphila University
- Sep 2006 - May 2007 (8 months)
- Aid students in fabrication through suggesting specific materials and processes or demonstrating proper techniques
- Maintain shop power tools; occasionally required to fabricate custom parts to modify existing machinery
- Ensure safety of students while maintaining quality of workspace
- BS Industrial Design
- 2003 - 2007