A fashion and graphics designer with over a years post graduate experience, ranging from womens, mens and kidswear, working for companies such as-
• Umbro-Junior Designer
• Denim Blue- Freelance denim wear designer.
• Debenhams-Work experience within the womens and kidswear teams.
• Sew That Jazz-Internship
•Freeman's Catalogue Studios-Design Room Assistant.
Currently looking for a new and exciting design role, working on Kids, Teens or Womenswear.
• Freelance work for a new company based in Egypt, specialising in denim-wear for Girls, Boys, Mens and Womens young fashion.
• Eight months post graduate experience working as a Junior Designer with the leading brand, Umbro, where I worked across kids and menswear. Here I worked across all areas of casualwear, jersey and graphics, and strengthened my CAD skills on Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A year of work placement experience with Freemans catalogue, working on the womenswear collection.
• Excellent presentation and computer skills- proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator.
• Strong skills on graphics and print as well as garment design.
• Now looking for design role working on Kids, Teens or Womenswear.
March -June 2011 Denim Blue
Designing ranges of Denimwear for kids and young adults, for a start up company based in Egypt.
• Research into current trends and key shapes, creating mood boards.
• Creating pocket designs, embroideries and specification sheets.
April 2006- August 2010 Mini Mode children's wear
Clothing Department Manager
• Driving sales through delivery processing, shop floor replenishment and visual merchandising, whilst operating in line with Boots standards.
• Advising customers on purchases & various queries.
• Responsible for training new staff within the Bristol region.
• Working closely with the Boots team, to ensure consistency.
• Organisational skills and confidence in communicating with the Field and Boots management.
• Flexibility to move and work with different mini mode colleges and boots teams.
• Responsible for yearly auditing and checking and organising weekly paper work, checking weekly and daily figures.
February 2008 The Basement Studio
Designing flyers for the event ‘IMPACT Bristol’ - a competition aimed at urban music artists in Bristol.
• Having a clear understanding of issues affecting the young people, that influenced the design of the flyer, researched topical issues affecting the young people in the community.
• Communicating and liaising with the event manger and team.
• The use of my creative skills.
March – Sep 2005 Umbro International Ltd
Working across men’s and kidswear, in the Licensed apparel team, based in Greater Manchester.
• Designing graphic T- shirts for Football clubs such as Linfield (The winners of the Irish Cup) Chelsea (Barclays Premiership Champions 2005 range & Centenary range).
• Researching & designing a range of Graphic T-shirts for the South African Football team The Kaiser Chiefs.
• Assisting the design team in daily tasks, as well as Designing mini ranges for England Apparel, researching for key graphic trends.
July 2002 – Aug 2003 Freeman’s Catalogue
Design room Assistant
Working in the womenswear team, based in the head office London.
• Assisting in the producing & presentation of seasonal trend pack.
• Designing graphics for Catalogue ranges.
• Sketching garment & footwear Specification sheets.
• Collating trend information for the design department.
• Archiving key fabric, colour and catwalk collections and daily duties.
• Working closely with the buyers in the B&M department.
UNPAID WORK EXPERIENCE
July- Aug 2011 Debenhams - Work experience
Working in both the womens and kidswear design teams, based in the head office London.
• Created embroiderys, re-colouring graphics and retouched embroiderys for the John Rocha SS12 collection.
• Collating key knit shapes, preparing and creating a knit sample library
• Working with the colour team creating colour boards for SS12, carrying out shop reports for key colours and creating an AW11/12 colour report.
• Researched into key jersey shapes and accessories for the kidswear SS12 collection and assisted in matching key season colours to panton references.
Nov-Dec 2010 Sew That Jazz (Design Internship)
Assisting the design team in creating The Clothes show 2010 collection.
Folding fabric on cutting table, laying out patterns, cutting pattern peices, pinning chalk tracing.
sewing appleques and constructing clothes.
August 2004 ISIS Sonz & Daughters/ Knight Vision
Designing flyer for a Basketball tournament in aid of the Marlon Thomas Fund (a charity set up in aid of a victim of a vicious racial hate crime).
August 2006 GAP/ Gang Awareness Project
Designing a flyer for a youth conference aimed at promoting awareness of gang related issues and reducing street crime.
2000 - 2004 Manchester Metropolitan University
BA (HONS) Fashion Design with Technology
1998 - 2000 City of Bristol College
BTEC (National Diploma) Fashion Design & Textiles
1993 - 1998 Whitefield Fishponds Community School
April 2007 Central Saint Martins
Street & Sport wear Design
October 2004 The Beacon Centre
ONC Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Photoshop CS3
• Adobe Illustrator CS3
• Corel Draw & Paint
• Training in Fashion Studio & Micrografx IGrafx designer
• Microsoft- Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Operating systems- Windows, OS X