- + Follow
Lead Creator & Innovator at The Product Farm
Fredrik Perman is an experienced contracting/freelancing Designer in the fields of Product/Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Web Design and Development and 3D Illustration. His company The Product Farm also serves as a great resource as a great quality manufacturing supplier out of southern China.
Industrial Design - Foods & Beverages
Industrial Design - Medically Speaking
Industrial Design - At the office
The Product Farm provides services that assist individuals or organizations to bring their ideas, inventions and products to market. This includes industrial design, product design, product development, graphic design, 3D concept art, prototyping and web design. We have strong experiences and relationships with overseas factories.
• In charge of US operation, with main focus on the design studio in Branchburg, NJ. Oversaw all design requests, customer relations, marketing and production related matters.
• Frequently visited Hong Kong and China to oversee production and product development research, as well as weekly visits to local clients in NJ and NYC. Gained very good knowledge of the Chinese culture, factory operations and production process.
• Developed the Triaminic/Theraflu Flowing VaporsTM device for Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. – From initial idea, concept drawings, operations specification, fragrance formula, consumer testing, prototyping, injection tooling, production and delivery and distribution nationally.
• Functioned as a design team leader and grew a handpicked design team from 3 to 8 designers over 4 years, which in turn helped the company expand from generating approx $3 million to $15 million in annual sales.
• Communicated with clients and brand managers to ensure their needs, desires and specifications were met for each individual project. Ensured that every customer relation was handled professionally and in good time.
• Developed marketing campaigns and presentation procedures to gain client awareness of the company’s design assets, overseas factory partners and manufacturing resources in Asia and in house prototyping capabilities.
• Developed new photo realistic 3D rendering capabilities to better represent the look of a finished product at the conceptual stage. Built a custom wall mounted renderfarm to better explain the rendering process to clients.
• Trained designers on various software packages, 3D prototype printers and overall manufacturability of products.
• Initially got hired as a conceptual product idea artist, mainly conceptualizing products for the promotional industry. The products ranged from desk/office items, pharmaceutical, medical devices, alcohol/liquor, food and entertainment industries.
• Individually conceptualized over 50 product ideas that translated into purchase orders over 5 years.
• Gained an overall extensive knowledge of material properties in product manufacturing, the production process and various imprinting techniques used in overseas manufacturing.
• Produced illustrations, artwork, print and injection guidelines for PMS color matching proofs for production.
• Freelanced for various advertising agencies in Stockholm Sweden as self employed.
• Created 3D illustrations for printed advertising and advanced photo manipulation. Worked with agencies and clients such as EURO RSCG, PaperPak, Hälsobyrån, Salvequick and Mollerus.
• Functioned as a leader for a team of artists, handling customer relations as well as recruiting new clients and being rewarded with creative freedom throughout my projects - from initial concept to final output.
• Professional experience of creating CG illustrations for clients such as Novartis, Paperpak, Top Jobs, Hemglass, Collaborate, Havet, LOWE Brindfors, Astria Tabak, Arla, RCO and Änglamark.
• Experienced using 3D as an effective tool in digital image manipulations, illustrations and animations for ads, broadcasting, video production and the web.
• Performed drum and flatbed scanning on high end Heidelberg and AGFA scanners.
• Primarily responsible for the photo retouch, pre press, worldwide distribution and archiving of the Absolut Vodka advertisements, while serving as a production artist at the oldest and most prestigious production company in Sweden.
• Worked with other clients such as Volvo, Saab, Volkswagen, Ericsson and H&M for worldwide distribution.
• Extensive knowledge of CMYK, RGB and LAB color processes, from scanning, color adjustments and output, also experienced with the use of ICC-profiles.
2000 Gardner’s Guide Student Competition Demo reel nominated in this national competition for all 3D schools in the US. Garth Gardner Inc. New York. NY. www.ggcinc.com 2000 School of Communication Arts Demo reel honored as top 5 through school history 1992-2000 1999 School of Communication Arts “Outstanding Achievement Merit Award”