People who know me vouch for my inventive thought process and problem solving ability as some of my strongest assets. These talents has translated well across various aspects of the creative field.
I have 13 years of working experience in closely intersected fields such as Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Marketing and Conceptual 3D Graphics.
The Product Farm 9/2007 – Present
• Founded The Product Farm Corporation, a start up graphic design/product design studio and production resource with direct factory partnerships in China.
• Servicing a broad spectrum of end clients in industries such as pharmaceuticals, entertainment, beverages, promotional and consumer goods. Brand experiences include Sanofi Aventis, Roche, Novartis, Anhauser Busch, Staples, Astra Zeneca, Lilly, Takeda, Astellas and MTV.
• Providing research and development, conceptual product design services, direct factory pricing, engineering, rapid prototyping & 3D printing, overseas production and freight.
Pacific Design & Manufacturing, Inc 5/2002 – 9/2007
Art Director/VP of Operations
• In charge of US operation, with main focus on the design studio in Branchburg, NJ. Oversaw all design requests, customer relations, marketing and production related matters.
• Frequently visited Hong Kong and China to oversee production and product development research, as well as weekly visits to local clients in NJ and NYC. Gained very good knowledge of the Chinese culture, factory operations and production process.
• Developed the Triaminic/Theraflu Flowing VaporsTM device for Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. – From initial idea, concept drawings, operations specification, fragrance formula, consumer testing, prototyping, injection tooling, production and delivery and distribution nationally.
Design Manager/Creative Director
• Functioned as a design team leader and grew a handpicked design team from 3 to 8 designers over 4 years, which in turn helped the company expand from generating approx $3 million to $15 million in annual sales.
• Communicated with clients and brand managers to ensure their needs, desires and specifications were met for each individual project. Ensured that every customer relation was handled professionally and in good time.
• Developed marketing campaigns and presentation procedures to gain client awareness of the company’s design assets, overseas factory partners and manufacturing resources in Asia and in house prototyping capabilities.
• Developed new photo realistic 3D rendering capabilities to better represent the look of a finished product at the conceptual stage. Built a custom wall mounted renderfarm to better explain the rendering process to clients.
• Trained designers on various software packages, 3D prototype printers and overall manufacturability of products.
Industrial Designer/Conceptual Artist
• Initially got hired as a conceptual product idea artist, mainly conceptualizing products for the promotional industry. The products ranged from desk/office items, pharmaceutical, medical devices, alcohol/liquor, food and entertainment industries.
• Individually conceptualized over 50 product ideas that translated into purchase orders over 5 years.
• Gained an overall extensive knowledge of material properties in product manufacturing, the production process and various imprinting techniques used in overseas manufacturing.
• Produced illustrations, artwork, print and injection guidelines for PMS color matching proofs for production.
Adding Digital Visual Effects 9/2001 – 5/2002
3D Graphics Artist
• Freelanced for various advertising agencies in Stockholm Sweden as self employed.
• Created 3D illustrations for printed advertising and advanced photo manipulation. Worked with agencies and clients such as EURO RSCG, PaperPak, Hälsobyrån, Salvequick and Mollerus.
Reptil 4/2000 – 9/2001
• Functioned as a leader for a team of artists, handling customer relations as well as recruiting new clients and being rewarded with creative freedom throughout my projects - from initial concept to final output.
• Professional experience of creating CG illustrations for clients such as Novartis, Paperpak, Top Jobs, Hemglass, Collaborate, Havet, LOWE Brindfors, Astria Tabak, Arla, RCO and Änglamark.
• Experienced using 3D as an effective tool in digital image manipulations, illustrations and animations for ads, broadcasting, video production and the web.
• Performed drum and flatbed scanning on high end Heidelberg and AGFA scanners.
KåPe Communication 6/1997- 6/1999
Production Artist/3D Artist
• Primarily responsible for the photo retouch, pre press, worldwide distribution and archiving of the Absolut Vodka advertisements, while serving as a production artist at the oldest and most prestigious production company in Sweden.
• Worked with other clients such as Volvo, Saab, Volkswagen, Ericsson and H&M for worldwide distribution.
• Extensive knowledge of CMYK, RGB and LAB color processes, from scanning, color adjustments and output, also experienced with the use of ICC-profiles.
• I have several reference letters available upon request which will describe me through a few reputable people in the industry.
• Good knowledge of traditional and digital photography, from lighting to digital input.
• Good knowledge of 3D animation and compositing 3D with digital video (green screen) and camera tracking/matching.
• Life drawing and advanced drawing experience, along with traditional art skill and practice with stop-motion animation.
• Experienced with story boarding and creative story making used for commercial animations.
• Fluent in English and Swedish.
Ashlar-Vellum Cobalt, SolidWorks, 3DS MAX, Splutterfish Brazil r/s, Maxwell Light Simulator, Adobe CS3 Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Acrobat Professional, Adobe After Effects
8/1998 - 6/1999
School of Communication Arts, Raleigh, NC, USA
Certificate in “Computer Art & Animation”
Curriculum focus on 3D art & animation, design, illustration, storyboarding and life drawing.
6/1994 - 6/1997
Tumba Graphic Arts Centre, Stockholm, Sweden
3-year degree in “Graphic Communication”
Curriculum focus on graphic design, video and radio production, photography, prepress and basic stop-motion animation
2000 Gardner’s Guide Student Competition
Demo reel nominated in this national competition for all 3D schools in the US. Garth Gardner Inc. New York. NY. www.ggcinc.com
2000 School of Communication Arts
Demo reel honored as top 5 through school history 1992-2000
1999 School of Communication Arts
“Outstanding Achievement Merit Award”