- + Follow
Francis Xavier Heacox
Designer/Owner at FXDesign_Experienced 3D Exhibit Design and...
Exhibit designer with extensive 3D visualization experience and a proven ability to create innovative display concepts and manage large-scale projects. Develops vision, creates and presents 3D models and graphics to communicate concepts. Precisely translates corporate brand into a 3-dimensional statement that achieves marketing objectives. Utilizes unique design solutions and innovative materials to accomplish client goals. Works closely with multidisciplinary teams engaged in building exhibits for trade shows, showrooms, offices and museum space. Collaborates with clients, identifying requirements and ensuring design accommodates special considerations, including budget. Mentors creative teams.
Independent consultancy offering 3D design services for building firms and other clients; specializes in designs for exhibits, showrooms, museums and corporate offices.
3D Freelance Designer & Consultant: Build client relationships, identifying design needs, creating concepts and communicating vision via descriptions, sketches and computer layout. Keep client requirements in mind at every stage of the creative process, including material selection. Convey scale and space with 2D illustrations and develop final 3D representation to display details, finishes and graphic elements. Present concepts to clients via digital file or printed renderings for approval. Proactively anticipate challenges, proposing solutions to maximize efficiency and profits. Leverage comprehensive knowledge of commercial art field to accurately estimate costs and efficiently manage budgets.
• Built strong client base with prominent design and build firms serving high-profile customers, including Bloomberg, TD Ameritrade, Polar, Philip Morris and Crestron.
• Successfully managed all aspects of independent consultancy, including business development, presentations and administration.
• Continuously developed new skills and forged and maintained excellent relationships with clients, winning repeat business due to exceptional performance.
Creative direction and branding utilizing the meriad of exhibit systems offered by Skyline the nationally recognized leader in modular exhibits, effectively transforming systems into unique, lightweight, cost effective branding statements. As creative director for Watson Productions, the custom branch of the company, I utilized my expertise in custom design and 3d branding to create cutting edge design solutions in exhibtry, showrooms and corporate lobbys. Clients included Philip Morris, TD Ameritrade, Polar, DealerTrack, National Beverage, Thomson Reuters and many more.
Design Director / Senior Designer: Directed a team of 6 designers and detail engineers. Created design renderings and models for global accounts. Met with clients to identify needs and led all phases of projects, including construction and materials selection, to ensure satisfaction. Used exceptional communication skills to concisely convey company product and service value proposition to clients and prospects. Worked closely with production department to control quality and ensure accuracy. Coached and mentored team members, monitoring performance, inspiring staff and offering career and skills development opportunities. Created policies and procedures to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
• Played key role in achieving 200% yearly increase in sales ($8M annually) with creative designs.
• Winning designs led to the acquisition and securing of key clients including Nikon, Canon USA, CA, Pall, Korg, Swissray, Arthur Andersen and Bell South.
• Led major project involving design and layout of CA World event in China, creating designs for 40 CA exhibits at international venue as well as layout and planning for 200 exhibitors.
• Took initiative as technology tools emerged to arrange staff training and develop skills, proactively addressing learning gaps to achieve a transition to CAD focus within 2 years/
• Significantly improved production and reduced expenses by designing and implementing more efficient, effective policies and processes.
. Report to the President/Director of Marketing.
. Supervise a staff of one designer and two detailers.
. Produce new designs and changes to existing exhibits, construction and set-up drawings, estimating, material ordering, and project management.
. Clients include Bugle Boy, Natures Bounty, Chugai, Fiber Options, Vertex, Solgar, Perugina, and Pentab.
. Average new client sales estimated at $4 million.
…Report to the President and Vice President of Marketing.
…Supervise a staff of one designer and two detailers, hiring/firing authority and training, evaluation responsibilities.
…Duties include design, estimating, construct displays, requiring a complete knowledge of related fields, including but not limited to printing, photography silk screen, type specifications, electrical work, lighting and trade show requirements.
…Interface with upper management clientele, vendors, attend sales calls and trade show set-ups.
…Clients include Texaco, Royal Zenith, H.W. Wilson, Chemco, and Staton-Pickering.