Currently in between jobs and seeking a creative and challenging position as a Creative Director, Art Director or Design Director.
GARY ROBERT CHILCHER
13225 Wengatz Drive Middleburg Heights, Ohio 44130 440-243-1336
Visionary marketing expert experienced in developing result-oriented promotions, information-driven communications, and awareness-generating advertising, through digital graphics, website, social media, and traditional marketing methods. Strong project management, written and presentation skills, persuasive in client and vendor relations, exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills. Able to uncover and capitalize upon selling points of diverse products or services.
CUYAHOGA COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE Parma, Ohio
July 1996-March 2008
Rated as the number #1 library system in the nation, focused on staff supervision, creative concepts, hands-on design, branding, and presentation development. Managed all operational, strategic, financial and staffing functions.
• Built client relationships, lead in-depth research of clients' to understand need creation, uniqueness and optimal advertising methods that would yield the quickest results. provided vision and converted objectives and goals into key features and benefits.
• Developed an ADDY award winning design team, collaborated with freelancers and vendors on special projects, press-proofed, leveraged cutting edge graphic techniques to generate buzz and service awareness.
• Spearheaded designs from concept to print, assuring schedule and budget were met. Championed expert design of booklets, brochures, promotional ads, display graphics and web site page design.
Key Achievement: Task: Increase print production and decrease print time. Action: Introduced high speed digital production systems. Result: Increased production by 23% and streamlined printing time by 18%.
KENNEDY MINT INCORPORATED Strongsville, Ohio
June 1994 to June 1996
A national leader in rare coinage packaging and jewelry apparel, re-vitalized branding, photo's, headlines, copy and company art for highly profitable results.
• Increased advertising awareness via product promotions, coordinated promotions with inside sales staff to capture the consumer attention with targeted ads, press-proofed and monitored job status with internal printing company.
GEORGIA-PACIFIC CORPORATION Cleveland, Ohio
June 1992 to May 1994
• Operated steel-rule die-cutters, folding and gluing machines in the manufacturing corrugated packaging.
CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE Cleveland, Ohio
August 1984 to May 1992
Graphic Communications Manager
Ranked in the top twenty of community colleges nationally, was recruited to supervise and design high result collateral, promotion and marketing recruitment materials. Managed all operational, strategic, financial and staffing functions.
• Collaborated with Media Center Director and Electronic Communication Manager to produce mixed-media videos.
Key Achievement: Task: Develop recruitment efforts. Action: Produced award-winning video's entitled "Leadership Cleveland" and Striking New Bargains". Result: Enrollment increased 18%.
MR. GASKET COMPANY Brooklyn Heights, Ohio
July 1980 to July 1984
As a leading automotive manufacture of performance products, worked closely with VP of Marketing and Sales to identify target markets, outline advertising goals, launch new products, measure and evaluate effectiveness of advertising campaigns, form business' strategies, supervised creative staff and set budgets.
• Directed company's advertising agency, wrote/edited copy for print, PR, radio and television spots, strategized and placed all display and direct mail advertising, identified media sources, and oversaw trade show logistics.
Key Achievement: Task: Increase brand awareness. Action: Utilized fabricators & structural suppliers to redesign retail displays, trade show exhibits and promotional banners. Result: Elevated brand awareness 23%.
Mr. GASKET COMPANY Brooklyn Heights, Ohio
May 1978 to June 1980
• Collaborated with product managers in writing and designing catalogs, packaging, collateral, and magazine ads.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Kent State University Kent, Ohio
General Electric Institute Crotonville, New York
Marketing Practices and Planning Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan
Platforms: Mac OS and HP Pavilion Desktop PC.
Applications: Windows 7, Microsoft Office 7, Adobe Suite Series CS2-CS4, In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop. Quark Xpress, Acrobat, Flash and Dreamweaver.
Social Networks: Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.