YEARS OF HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL F100-1000 B2B B2C BRAND - MARKETING - ADVERTISING - DIGITAL - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT.
• Drive forward results with direct reporting and mentoring of multidisciplinary marketing, creative design and content, engineering, IT/software, research, and development teams.
LEAD AND DIRECT WEB - DIGITAL - E-COMMERCE - INTERACTIVE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION.
CREATE - DESIGN - DEVELOP NEW INTERACTIVE CONSUMER HARD GOODS AND SOFT GOODS PRODUCTS.
PRODUCT LINE EXPANSION. HYBRID PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT. NEW PRODUCT INNOVATION, DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT.
GEORGE ROBERT KOTALIK, WI, 262-235-4113, email@example.com
BRAND - MARKETING - ADVERTISING - DIGITAL - NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Chronological Professional Synopsis:
PowerPOD Interactive® / eMarketing - Digital Product / Start-up / Appleton / WI
Partner / Director of Brand - eMarketing and Technology Innovation / 2009 - Present
Lead - Author - Manage business plans, marketing, lead generation, finance, presentations,
and continuing exploration of original profit-based Digital - Interactive devices and methods.
• Currently, developing new combined social marketing + product placement concepts.
• Drive forward results with financial oversight and direct reporting of multidisciplinary marketing, creative design, engineering, IT/software, research and sales / account teams.
• Identified key market / retail trend issues, created - designed several highly competitive patentable new digital - app and eMarketing products for a national manufacturer.
Business Advancement Tactics - Creative Group / Privately Held / Appleton / WI
SVP - Partner / Marketing Director / Brand - Advertising - Digital Services / 1994 - 2009
Functioned as salaried in-house or contract vendor Creative Marketing Director to diverse F100-1000 corporate, advertising agency, printing, CPG, and manufacturing company clients.
• Created - Managed strategic marketing for multiple business units and product lines.
• Directed - Mentored - Integrated high impact account service and creative teams.
• Exceeded goals via creation of world-class B2C B2B Marketing - eCommerce programs.
• Helped power Poppers®Appetizers to $MM sales and icon status: Devised Build-Your-Own-Product lead generation website and interactive CRM Traveling Seminar Truck.
• Energized $B Kleenex brand / sales via multi-prong consumer centric website marketing.
Independent Consultant / Brand - Marketing - Advertising Management / IL / WI
Special Project Work / 1991 - 1994
• Provided Strategic Marketing, Business Problem Solving, Creative Direction, Brand and Advertising Design to various Corporate, Ad Agency and Printing Company clients.
Toy Ties Inc. / New Consumer Product Innovation and Launch / IA
Owner - President / Brand - Marketing and Product Innovation / 1988 -1990
Originated, developed, and launched home-run new fashion accessory product line.
• Researched marketplace, identified needs, designed and created youth brand generating international buzz in People Magazine, Hollywood Reporter, MTV and key others.
• Drove $500K in national sales via I.Magnin, Bloomingdale’s, Younker’s retail accounts.
• Pro-active leadership and entrepreneurial expertise focused on business strategy, R&D, finance, brand - marketing, vendor network, sales - distribution, PR, customer service, product innovation, promotion, packaging, and merchandising. Acquired in 1990.
Vision Integrated Marketing Communications / Div. Sorenson, Inc. / Chicago / IL
VP Director / Strategic Marketing Communications and Creative Services / 1986 - 1989
Oversight - Management of business strategy, marketing, financials, research, and deliverables.
• Built new ad agency partnerships providing diverse services on joint-venture projects.
• Coached - Integrated disciplined account service, creative, production, and vendor teams.
• Catapulted New Maxum Paint to $5MM in sales and full chain distribution via dynamic brand strategy and adroit application of new chemistry technology to TV advertising.
• Led – Managed Santa Fe Railroad brand retool and business turnaround: Robust program drove 200% bid increase, new lead generation and global traction with 33% growth.
P2 / GEORGE R. KOTALIK
Euro RSCG International - TLK / Full Service Marketing and Brand Agency / Chicago / IL
Executive AD / Strategic Brand and Product Marketing Lead / 1984 - 1986
Reported directly to the President and provided Strategic Marketing - Creative Direction to diverse internal teams and contractors, leading branding and advertising for F100-500 clients.
• Worked cross-functionally, upgrading deliverables through building a positively charged - collaborative environment and contribution of a successful new traffic triage process.
• Led Andes Candies comprehensive brand audit and revitalized image: Created hard-pack box, hospitality strategy, and Award Winning programs exceeding share / sales goals.
• Forged Famous Footwear new buoyant image and youth oriented national advertising producing the highest store traffic and $MM weekend sales revenue in company history.
Client - Category Experience / Partial List:
AAL, AT&T, Abbott, Alberto Culver, Andes Candies, Anheuser-Busch, Associates Financial Group, Bachman Foods, Banta Healthcare, Baxter International / Medical, Brach’s, Coleman Outing, DDB Worldwide, Famous Footwear, First Chicago Global, Good Humor - Breyers, Halo Lighting, Harter Furniture, Hartmarx, Helene-Curtis, J.W.T. International, Karpen International, Kellogg’s, Kimberly-Clark, Kraft Global, LBA, Levi’s Shoes, McDonald’s, McDonnell-Douglas, Mercury Marine, Miglin Cosmetics, Miller Brewing, Motorola Global, Northwestern Hospital, Ohio Art, Parker Automotive, Principal Financial, Procter & Gamble, Purina, Quaker Oats, Radio Flyer, Ram Golf, Red Lobster, Santa Fe Railroad, S.C. Johnson, Sears, Shure Electronics, Snapple, SPSS, Stern - Walters, Toblerone Chocolate, Wilson Sports, Wrigley’s, and others.
Skills and Responsibilities / Partial List:
B2B, B2C, B2B2C, CPG, CRM, ROI, U/X, I/D, SEO, Marketing - Brand Management, Business Planning and Development, Account and Sales Management, Talent - Resources Management,
C-Suite Liaison, Product Innovation and Development, Strategic Partnership Development, Integrated Marketing Communications, Brand Strategy, Digital / eCommerce Strategies and Innovation, Interactive eMarketing, Research Design and Analysis, Website Strategy and Development, Customer Engagement, Budget Planning, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Vendor – Agency Management, Lead Generation, Pricing, Retail, Media Planning, Writing, Design, Direct Mail, Packaging, Merchandising, Licensing, Promotions, Websites, Trade Shows, Presentations, Sales Collateral, Print and Broadcast Advertising.
Technical / System Management and Knowledge / Partial List:
Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project Management, Clients and Profits, SPSS, Power Point, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, HTML, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Java, Jigsaw, Tracking, prepress, printing, and research plus, manufacturing, Internet, and new digital technologies.
Education, Paid Internships, and Technical Training / Partial List:
• Chicago Academy Art and Design / Integrated Marketing / BA level 4 year Tech Degree
• School of the Art Institute of Chicago / Fashion Product Design / 2 year Tech Degree
• School of the Art Institute of Chicago / Electronics and Packaging / Summer Courses
• J. Walter Thompson International / Business – Account Management Training
• D'Arcy MacManus + AJR / Paid Internships and Account Training
• Microsoft / Office Certification and 2007 Project Management / Course work
• Fox Valley Technical College / Computer Theory / Course work
• Numerous Industry Workshops, Business Management and Technical Seminars.
P3 / GEORGE R. KOTALIK SELECTED E-COMMERCE MARKETING ACHIEVEMENTS
PowerPOD Interactive® / Design - Engineer Digital - eCommerce - Social Marketing Systems
• Creator / Owner of new eCommerce marketing, social, and retail / merchandising systems employing inventive proprietary digital computing and research technologies.
• Design new customer data mining methods, analytics, and digital interactive systems.
Originating / Designing New Generations of Digital Interactive - Social Connectivity Products
• Devised mobile spectrographic unit with GPS and customer - corporate social links.
• Designed interactive water analysis product and new social marketing tactics.
Poppers® Appetizers / B2B – B2C Social Marketing
• Created / Developed “Build-Your-Own-Product” Website plus, Online Product Sampling Sales Program generating cross-corporate social dialog and $100MM in new revenue.
• Devised new Interactive Traveling Seminar Truck® responsible for increasing customer engagement, social buzz, and winning Sysco, Roundy’s and other $MM chain accounts.
Kleenex® / Youth Programs - Social Marketing
• Initiated dynamic three-tier online program: 1) Interactive Youth Web Game, 2) Bill Nye the Science Guy web and print tutorials, 3) Merchandising and promotional programs.
• Creator Kleenex® “Blast the Germs” Interactive Web Game and Health Tutorial engaging youth audiences and producing enormous increases in site visits and duration.
Huggies® / Parent Tutorials and Blog – Social Marketing
• Originated / Built Huggies® Website / first Social Marketing foray utilizing Pediatric MD links and Interactive Parent Q&A resulting in apx. 400% traffic – duration increases.
• Author of additional “Share your story” blog which dialog, helped parents understand physiology and captured new critical demographic, consumer insight and opinion data.
Coleman Outing Products® – “Best Tall Story Contest” – Social Marketing
• Authored consumer engagement “Best Tall Story Contest” which evolved into an energetic word-of-mouth Social Marketing program exceeding targeted store traffic, trial, and product award goals by 200%.
JuneBox.com® / School Specialty Corporation – Catalog Website and Educator Social Marketing
• Initiated / Launched new on-line store and ordering system for a $B manufacturer with unique features such as budget pre-approval, automatic discounting, billing and shipping.
• Created international social marketing buzz, radically reduced sales costs, and expanded on-line shopping revenues from regional to global and from $0 to $MM