- + Follow
Graphic Design, Corporate Design, Advertyising
Grids & Words Design - fulfilling all your design needs. Let it be print/web identity or executing an event.
HUZEFA SALIM TAPIA
C-5, Hirji Govindji Blocks,
Sophia Zuber Road,
Mumbai - 400 008.
Mobile: +91 92247 70881
DOB: 5th November, 1981.
EXPERIENCE IN EVENTS:
• Presently I am a Proprietor of a small time advertising firm named Grids & Words Design that takes care of all your design needs. Let it be print/web identity or executing an event.
• Worked at Sheer Management (6th June, 2007 till 1st September, 2008)
Design and Business Development
Job Profile: Set designs, Commercial designs, Marketing, Business Development and Client Servicing.
• Mumbai International Boat Show (Hanmer Events) (2007) – Internship
3 Months Main Organization Team (Production)
Job Profile: Correspondence with Exhibitors for stall booking and Equipment requirements, Clearance of Governmental permissions, Venue and Promotional BTL designs, Clearance of boats and organization of transportation and Cricket match.
• Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon (Procam International) (2007) – Project Basis
1 Month Area Sub-Head
Job Profile: Ordering and maintenance of Logistical elements like Water, Medical requirements, DHL transportation vans and walkies with final coordination between lead team and traffic police department.
• Hutch Delhi Half Marathon (Procam International) (2006) – Project Basis
1 Month Communication, Transportation and Water
Job Profile: Ordering and maintenance of Logistical elements like Water, Medical requirements, DHL transportation vans and walkies.
• EFFIE Awards (Ad club of Mumbai) – Project Basis
1 Month Invites, Distribution, Ticketing, Organizing
Job Profile: Distribution and coordination of Invites sent to Ad people, Ticketing of the event, taking care of Chief Guest for 3 days (settling him and his wife in a 5 star hotel and touring them around the city in order to give them a feel of Mumbai) and being a part of the core organizing team at the final day of the event.
EXPERIENCE IN ADVERTISING:
• Presently consulting and designing as advertising personnel for a number of medium and large companies in India (Cross Country Infrastructures Pvt. Ltd., ATLAS Laboratories, Bootwala Builders, Multiplize Investment Services, Motiwala & Sons Jwellers and Deals4All).
• Completed the corporate stationary and calendars for Studio52 (based in Dubai).
• Worked as a consulting designer for Arun Art Printers & Designers, Wakefield Calenders and TopNotch International (2007 – 2008).
• Worked as a part time copywriter, designer and marketing personnel for Perfect Square Advertising, Rasik Publicity and Media Hub Advertising. (2005 – 2007).
• Done the corporate identities of DC (Dilip Chabria) Motors (2006).
• Completed Campaign of year 2004 and 2005 for Small Savings (Govt. of India – Finance Dept.).
• Completed set of three promotional brochures for deals4all.com in 2005.
• Completed logo and brochure design for “Elephant” Brand Tingle manufacturing Company in 2005.
• Completed numerous media and promotional campaigns for Citron Technologies from 2003 – 2005, which includes scripting and assistant directing six TVC’s and the designing of a Germany based 3D-Screen manufacturing Company.
• Completed media and set designing for Sify for Navratri in 2005.
• Done numerous newspaper advertisements for MISC (Malaysian International Shipping Corporation), Perma and Transworld shipping.
• Done a logo for an IT company called IS3C presently named e-prama.
• Taught Art and ways of understanding Art to students of Psychology.
• Completed logo and poster design for a three-day engineering event called IEEE.
• Managed and compared an event called Xplosion 2001 hosted by NSUI.
• Worked with Javed Jaffrey on a project.
NIEM (National Institute of
Post graduate Diploma in
Advertising and Events (PGDEM)
Year – (2006 – 2007) First Class – 68%
KvB Institute of Tech, Aus
B. A Visual Communication
Degree in Visual Communication
Year – (2005 – 2006) 147 credits
Cambrian College of Applied
Arts and Technology, Canada
Empire Institute of Learning
Diploma in Advertising and
Year – (2003 – 2004) GDMU – 3.25 / 4
Bhavan’s Hazarimal Somani College
Year - (1998 - 1999) Std. 12th - 67.83%
Christ Church High School (I.C.S.E)
Year - (1996 - 1997) Std. 10th - 61.67%
• Awarded Dean’s letter of honor for achieving 3.5 GPA and above in academics.
• Semi-Finalist in an international poetry Competition by Poetry.com and one of the only 15 people who’s poetry was recorded on a CD.
• Second Degree holder in Graphology
• Semi-Finalist in a All Mumbai Drawing Competition held by Shopper’s Stop in 1996.
• Good knowledge of computers (Upgraded my skills from the first version to CorelDraw X4, Photoshop CS3, PowerPoint, Pagemaker, Flash, Director, Indesign CS2 and Illustrator CS3).
• Stress on accuracy and integrate details. (Engineering background - Production)
• Understanding of colour and its effects on both, design and human personality.
• P.R skills.
• Handling of clients - Business background of family.
• English, Gujarati and Hindi
• Basic knowledge of French and Marathi
RafflesLaSalle International Design School, Bangkok