I am currently working as an Industrial Designer for KEM Studio in Kansas City, but you might say work is more like fun! Our unique studio blends architecture and product design approaches to make LIFE BETTER through BETTER DESIGN.
Thanks for your views!
Cell Phone: 816.872.5296
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Graduated with honors Summa Cum Laude (3.86 GPA)
- Software: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Rhino, Solidworks, and Sketchbook.
- Strong sketching and ideation abilities in several mediums:
Markers, ball point pen, pencils, and Wacom tablet.
- Firm knowledge of wood working techniques and equipment.
- Familiar with basic metal shop techniques and machinery.
- Basic MIG welding experience
- Design Professor at the University of Kansas. Lawrence, Kansas. January 2011 - May 2011
- KEM Studio, Industrial Designer. Kansas City, Missouri. January 2010 - Present.
- Apprentice at Hardwood Artisans Furniture, Woodbridge, VA, Summer 2008. Apprenticeship involved designing, prototyping and building high-end wood furniture. During this three month apprenticeship I learned about the manufacturing and material limitations of designing wood furniture.
Honors + Activities:
- IDEA Finalist in Furniture, Skate Bench No.1, 2012
- IDEA Silver in Environments, Town of Kansas Bridge Enhancements, 2012
- IDEA Finalist for Ken-A-Vision USB Camera, 2011
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.86 GPA (On a 4.0 scale) at Virginia Tech and ranked in the top 5th percentile in the university and 2nd in the Industrial Design program, 2010.
- Virginia Tech's School of Architecture and Urban Studies' Outstanding Senior Award, 2010.
- Werner Graeff Memorial Book Award from Virginia Tech's School of Architecture and Urban Studies, 2010.
- Vice President for Virginia Tech's Industrial Design Society of America chapter, 2009.
- Received the Eastman Lab Innovation in Industrial Design Scholarship for displaying outstanding leadership, dedication, and consistently high work, 2009.
- Recognized for academic achievement by the Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, Spring, 2009.
- Received the Excellence in Industrial Design Award from the School of Architecture and Design at Virginia Tech, 2008.
- Winner of the one-hour design challenge at the Southern District portfolio review, 2008.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Fraternity, Spring 2008-2010.
- Interiors and Industrial Design study abroad, Summer 2008.
- Industrial Design Society of America, Fall 2007-present.
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Fall 2007-2010.
- Dean’s List Fall 2007-2010.
- Avid water skier and boater at Lake Anna.