- + Follow
Graphic designer at AMOREPACIFIC
Jersey City, NJ
Heegyum Kim is a graphic and package designer with 5 years experience. She is a recent graduate of Masters of Science in Communication Design at Pratt Institute focused on package design. Prior to Pratt, she worked as a senior designer at KALAKALA Cosmetics in Beijing. She was responsible for design the entire product lines from concept to production process as well as store display plan, brochures, promotion posters and items. She has a thorough knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. She also loves to employ illustration with strong design sensibility, synthesizing traditional and digital media to deliver visual idea.
Specialties: Graphic design, package design, branding, typography, illustration
Typography Editorial Design
- Nov 2012 - Present (1 year 1 month)
- Hee Design
- May 2011 - Present (2 years 7 months)
Brand identity, package graphic design, book design, editorial design, illustration
Artificial nail package design- Freelance
- Cawaii Cosmetics
- Jan 2012 - Feb 2012 (1 month)
Designed a newly lunched Cawaii artificial nail package.
Graphic Design Intern
- TEEN VOGUE
- Jun 2011 - Dec 2011 (6 months)
- Designed e-blast, web banners, and app pages for cosmetics, and fashion brands.
- Created logo for “Teen Vogue Fashion Fast Line”, “Blogger Boutique”, and “Fashion U Campus”.
- Helped designing Teen Vogue magazine advertisement pages.
- Designed a 4-page FNO season trend brochure.
Freelance- Package Design
- Eco-BeeCo Sweetner in California
- Aug 2010 - Sep 2010 (1 month)
- Designed packaging including individual packet, box, and plastic pack for a newly launched sweetener brand
- KALAKALA Cosmetics
- May 2007 - May 2010 (3 years)
- Established corporate design direction of packaging for whole product lines.
- Designed cosmetics box, label, and printing on bottle.
- Designed brochures based on aesthetic aspects as well as cost-effectiveness ways.
- Created illustrations in water color and pencil for packaging and brochures.
- Designed the store displaying direction.
Freelance Work as an Editorial Designer
- Dangol Magazine in Beijing, China
- Dec 2006 - Mar 2007 (3 months)
Designed a magazine for foreign students in Beijing.
- Kyohaksa Publication
- May 2003 - May 2005 (2 years)
- Designed textbook cover
- Developed brochure, poster, and newpaper ads for an educational event.
- Wooridle Church
- Sep 2004 - Mar 2005 (6 months)
- Designed periodical 4-page newspaper for Wooridle Church
- Masters Package design
- 2010 - 2012
Ewha Women's University
- BFA Visual Information Design
- 1999 - 2003